13

Jack was released in a week but was told to take it easy, so of course he couldn't go to school, and of course we took him in

Jack was released in a week but was told to take it easy, so of course he couldn't go to school, and of course we took him in. Mom and dad said he could sleep in my room as long as it was in the floor. Obviously we gave him an air mattress that we used to use for camping. But I couldn't bare having him on the uncomfortable thing. So after my parents said goodnight I had him sneak onto my bed. We didn't do anything other that hold each other and maybe share a kiss or two. But that was it. I didn't know if Jack did anything other than making out and I wasn't gonna ask.

The days he wasn't in school has me worrying about him alone in the house with nothing to do. The boys visited often, checking in on him. Honestly, I think that he grew on them. The first time I had to leave Jack for school he smiled at me and said to go, that he didn't want to be the reason that I got detention for being late. So with heavy feet I trudge to the hell hole of an education.

I tried to avoid everyone and anyone if possible. Well everyone but Daniel, Corbyn, and Jonah. I just didn't want to have to answer any questions. It didn't matter though, I still heard people whisper about it when they thought I wasn't hearing. But the thing was that I was always listening. Even when I didn't want to. They all came up with different scenarios, some saying it was the Paul brothers, a gang, or his father. Of course everyone knew that Mr. Avery wasn't a gentle man and often got in arguments with people. But I didn't want to tell them they were right. It wasn't my place.

Finally the weekend came and I was relieved. Now Jack wouldn't have to be alone. I had some project due for English on Monday, but I couldn't bring myself do finish it. Even when Jack told me to. He even helped me with it.

"You know, you don't have to do this." I told him.

Jack sighed. "Trust me, when you are stuck in a house all day, with nothing to do, the will to want to do school work gets strong."

I thought it over. "True." We finished the project before dinner, surprising my mom since she knows how much I don't like doing projects.

"I think Jacks gonna be a good influence on you." She said while we washed the dishes. "I know I shouldn't have to tell you this because your both boys but..."

I knew where this was going already. I blushed and cringed. "Mom?!"

She was blushing too. "I'm just saying. I know you two are sleeping in the same bed-"

"Mom we don't need to have the talk, it's not like I can get pregnant."

She was silent for a second before nodding, "You're right. How 'bout you go on upstairs, I'll finish down here." I couldn't get out of there sooner.

"So, your mom is already worried about us having sex?"

I jumped when I heard Jack speak. He was leaning against the wall that separated the hall and kitchen. "Don't do that! You scared me. And you heard all that?"

He smirked. "Yea. But don't worry, I won't say anything."

I blushed and held my head in my hands. "Oh God, that's embarrassing."

He lifted my chin with his pointer finger. "Hey, I think it's cute that your mom cares. Even if it's a little silly."

I smiled. "Yea."

We went to the store on Sunday to get some stuff for Jack. He had gotten better so he was allowed back at school the next day. The bruising faded and were barely noticeable.  But people still stared.

The boys may not have really been friends with Jack but in that moment it didn't matter because they created a small circle around him.  I was grateful for my friends.

I couldn't do anything for Jack in the classes I didn't have him in and noticed how even in the class that I did the teachers even looked at him like he might break. They didn't call on him for any of the questions and I think that bothered him.

At lunch the students whispered and it was clear who the topic of discussion was about. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I stood up slightly, Jack stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"Just leave it."  Please. His eyes begged. But the thing was, I didn't want to leave it. It wasn't just about everyone thinking it was okay to talk about someone who went something horrible. It was about them thinking it was okay to spread stuff that probably wasn't even true.

But I sat back down. If Jack didn't want me doing anything about it, then I wasn't. Hey, maybe it would have made it worse.

If someone comes up to us and says anything, though, I didn't care about my size, I would swing without hesitation.

A/N: Ik Ik this is a bad chapter but i wanted to give u a chapter and i have mad writers block with this. If u have any suggestions for the next chapter I'm all ears.