3

He's the first person I notice when I find a seat in the back, Jonah sitting at my left

He's the first person I notice when I find a seat in the back, Jonah sitting at my left. His curly brown hair, with the slight blond tips. He's captain of the basketball team and if there was a sport for skateboarding, he'd be captain of that too. His name is Jack Robert Avery.

I've liked Jack since he moved here in the eighth grade. Well like is an understatement, love would be a better word. But there's only one thing one wrong.

Jack is not gay, and he's dating Cleo. But that doesn't mean he hangs out with her brothers. I think he didn't like them just about as much as like them.

My friends knew of my deep love  for Jack and they were happy for me when I came out. My mom knew too and she's also happy. I just wish everyone else could be happy for me being me.

Jack decided to sit in the back too but no where near me. He sat on the other side, laughing with his friends. I wanted to know why he was laughing.

Just then the teacher walked into the room, asking for silence and introducing himself. He went  over the first semesters lessons and handed out the syllabus, saying it's due tomorrow.

But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep my mind off of Jack, sometimes sneaking glances. Until I was caught and he glared at me. I blushed and stared down at my desk.

🏁

The classes passed by quickly and next thing I knew I was at lunch. I grabbed a tray, going to the buffet bar. As I was reaching for a pear, two trays slammed down suddenly on either side of me.

"Hey there, Zachy-poo." Logan mocked.

"Leave me alone." I said, in barely above a whisper.

"You see we would but then where would the fun be in that?" Jake smirked.

I stared down at my tray trying to ignore the boys beside me. But it was hard when they both were pressing into my side.

"Hey." A voice said. We turn around to see Cleo and Jack. It was Cleo who had spoken. "You guys coming or not?"

"Yeah." Logan rubbed the top of my head, Messing up my already messy hair up more. "We were just having fun with Zach weren't we?"

It wasn't really a question that I can put my actual opinion in. "Yeah." I answered. "Definitely."

Cleo looked at me with pity like she was sorry that this was happening to me. Well if she was she would have permanently stopped her brothers from bullying me.

Logan and Jake laugh once before walking with Cleo and Jack to the spot they ate at.

I noticed that Jack didn't look at me once, just stared at his shoe like there was a stain he wanted to get rid of.

Seconds later, Jonah and Daniel appear next to me. "What was that?" They asked at the same time.

I grabbed my tray and went to the place we eat at. Bean was already waiting for us. "It was nothing, just them being jerks."

"But Jack was there." Daniel smirks.

I shrugged. "They're dating, remember?"