22

zach's povi woke up to jack tossing and turning

zach's pov
i woke up to jack tossing and turning. it was the morning so it wasn't hard to see the fear on his face. he kept mumbling the same word over and over. no.

i shook him. "jack? jack."

his eyes shot open and he sat up. "what? what's wrong?"

"nothing you were just...you looked like you were having a nightmare."

his eyebrows met in the middle of his forehead. "i don't even remember what i was dreaming."

"must have been bad." i held his hand. "you know if you need to talk i'm here. i don't want you going through anything alone."

i saw his white teeth shine in the moonlight. "you're so kind zachary." he leaned forward and kissed me. i blushed. "what would i do without you?"

it was wednesday during dinner when jack told us his biological mom and sisters were coming to visit.

"for how long?" dad asked, after swallowing a spoonful of mash potatoes.

"a week i think. since next week is spring break." it took a while for jack to be able to talk to my dad with out stuttering. no one pressured him, we all understood.

"do you have a little sister?" reese asked with a hopeful smile.

"yeah. her name is isla. she's a couple years older than you but i think you'll be best friends."

reese smiled wider. but i couldn't bring myself to smile. sure, i was happy that jack was gonna see his good family after, who knew how many, years. but all i thought about was would he go back with them? surely not, he wouldn't leave me. that was a selfish thought. i couldn't help but still think about it.

"zach, honey, are you okay?" mom said, bringing me back.

i realized that tears started falling. i wiped them. "i-i need to use the restroom."

i got up before they could say anything. i didn't go to the bathroom but went straight to my room. as soon as i closed my door and sat on my bed, it opened again and jack came in. he closed it and sat next to me, pulling me into a hug. it only made me cry harder.

he didn't say anything and waited until i calmed down to ask, "what's wrong?"

"will you ever leave me?" my voice cracked.

he gave me an 'are you kidding me' face. "why would i ever leave you?"

"so you could live with your family. i wouldn't blame you, but i'd miss you so much."

despite the answer i gave him, jack laughed. "zach, i'm not leaving you. you're quite possibly the only thing that's keeping me sane right now. if i ever have the thought of leaving i give you permission to slap me."

it was my turn to laugh. i was grateful for the reassurance, but i don't think i'd be able to hit jack, even if he told me to.

so i had another plot to this story but i have the worse memory and i just came up with a better one