19

The weekend came around and Jack decided to take me to a really secluded place in a near-by forest

The weekend came around and Jack decided to take me to a really secluded place in a near-by forest. There was a small stream that passed through it, the water clear and glittery from the sun hitting it. Jack already had a blanket and basket set up on the other side of the stream.

We sat down and he pulled out two sandwiches, handing me one. We just talked.

"You noticed how Jonah was mad and Daniel the other day?"  Jack asked me before finishing his sandwich.

I nodded. "Yea like he was almost jealous."

Jacks eyes widened. "What if...what if Jonah likes Daniel?"

I shrugged. "I mean I wouldn't be surprised. They've know each other longer than I've known them. But I feel like Jonah would have told me."

"Maybe he's embarrassed. Remember it took me a while."

"True." My phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket checking the lock screen. It was a text from my mom. "My mom says we should head back before it gets dark."

"Oh, yea." We picked up the stuff and started walking, but then Jack slipped on a rock as we passed over the stream. He yelped and landed on his butt.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" I helped him up.

"Yea-ow!" He took his weight of his left ankle. "No I think I sprained my ankle."

"Alright imma call my mom to come pick us up, we just have to make it to the road."

He nodded. I wrapped his arm around my neck and carried most of his weight, shuffling back the way we had came.