16

"Jia?" She heard Kayu call out, hesitantly putting the book down. "I smell chai and soap, are you home?"

"That I am." Jia walked out into the hallway to find Kayu in her fitness clothes, her dyed lavender hair held out of her face by a skilfully crafted braid. Her eyes lit up when she saw Jia, and she immediately pulled the older into a tight hug. "I missed your smell."

Jia's eyes widened at this comment; it was very rare for Kayu to say something so loving.

"Wow okay," She held the younger's wrists lightly, stroking her soft skin with her thumb absentmindedly. "Was Taehyung extra cold or something?"

"Pfft, no," Kayu rolled her eyes. "Kinda clingy as always. Anyway, how was your date with Jin?"

The younger hesitated, tucking a strand of hair that had fallen from her ponytail behind her ear. "I... I don't really think it'll work out. I've been a bit stressed lately, and I don't want him to have to deal with it."

"That's too bad," Kayu slid her arm around Jia's waist and pulled her closer until their noses almost touched. "Do you want me to fix it, love?"

A pet name that isn't 'babe'? Jia thought, rather confused. What's her deal?

"Look, maybe in a bit, okay?" Jia pushed the younger away, earning a scoff from her. "I just need to chill for a bit."

"What's wrong?" Kayu asked in a tone that seemed a little too selfish for Jia to answer politely. "Did I do something?"

"Kayu, seriously," Jia snapped. "Just drop it."

"So it is me." Kayu grabbed her arm to stop her from walking away, but Jia snatched it back.

"Yes, yes it is. And it's more than just something."

"Talk to me, Jia. Let's fix it."

"How can we fix something that isn't even there?" Jia's voice broke as she yelled, the shocked expression on Kayu's face only making her angrier. "Don't look at me like that! I'm sick of you just seeing me as a fuck buddy!"

"I-I thought that's all you wanted to be!" The younger said, taken aback. "Why the fuck did you go on a date with Jin then?"

"As horrible as it may seem, he's just a distraction, because I'm hurt and he took my mind off of a lot of things." Jia was tearing up now, getting more upset with every passing second.
"But you ruined it, too! I am beyond tired of bumping into you literally everywhere with your fucking boyfriend, whom you love so dearly and you want to marry one day—"

"Oh, shut up! I don't want to be his damned wife!" Kayu scoffed, eyes watery as she tried to stop herself from crying. I... I wanted to marry you!"

Jia froze and a moment went by where they just stood there, both in shock with eyes full of tears.

"W-what did you say?"

Kayu looked down, sniffling as she repeated the words.

"I... wanted t-to marry you."

"What... what do you mean?"

"I LOVE YOU!" Kayu snapped, sniffling as Jia's expression softened, changing from angry to surprised. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, for everything."

Jia cut her off mid sentence, their lips colliding as tears spilled down Kayu's cheeks. She wrapped her arms around the younger, kissing her deeply with all the love she could give.

"I love you too," Jia whispered. "I have for a while now."

She felt a gasp against her lips and giggled as the other pressed kisses all over her face.