19

facts with nia: so gwangju jeolla and gyeongsang dialect are spoken in hoseok and yoongi's hometowns, just like different accents and slang in american states (also, yoongi's native dialect [daegu gyeongsang] is considered the yeehaw accent of korea lol, tae also speaks it)

"I'm not ready for school again," Jungkook whined, his head falling back onto Jimin's shoulder. His back rested against the older's chest as he sat between his legs on the couch, and they were just watching TV, eating chocolate and having a lazy pyjama day. "And before we know it, we'll be working full-time and out of university altogether. That shit is freaky man."

"Yeah, next year is my honours, and it's all over." Jimin sighed, flicking through the channels aimlessly.

"Yeah."

After a comfortable silence, Jungkook piped up again. "I just realised something."

"What's that?"

"You finish uni in a year, and I finish two years later," Jungkook said, fiddling with a rubber band. "How's that gonna work?"

Jimin put the remote down, yawning loudly. "What do you mean?"

"Well, do you think we'll still be together by the end of university, or by the end of your course at least?"

"I don't know," Jimin played with the younger's hair absentmindedly. "But if we were, it would be a bit complicated to sort everything out. I think I'll move back to Busan when I graduate."

"I want to as well," Jungkook smiled, snuggling further into the older. "Could we go together?"

Jimin hesitated, causing Jungkook to scoff and sit up. "Well?"

"I really don't know," The older admitted. "I wanted to leave straight away..."

The younger was on his feet now, looking at Jimin with a hurt expression. "Without me?" He huffed, arms crossed over his chest.

"I don't know what you want me to say," Jimin stated blankly, only making Jungkook angrier. "Look, it came out wrong. I do want to be with you for a long time, but I'm just not sure if it'll work out if I'm moving less than a month after graduating."

"That just made it worse," Jungkook choked, the shakiness of his voice hitting Jimin with a wave of guilt. "So you don't think we'll last that long, then?"

"I didn't say that—"

"You kind of did."

"I'm just thinking about it in an unbiased way, Jungkook!" Jimin snapped. "We might be together at the end of our studies, or we may not be. It's very hard to predict what will happen when we've been together for a little over four hours."

"I know — well, I think we will be together for a long time, because when you look at it in perspective I assumed we know each other well enough to gauge that," Jungkook's voice cracked slightly, his eyes averted from the older's as they grew teary. "Without your bias, I guess not."

"This is all silly, let's just—"

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child," The younger spat, taking his coat from one of the dining chairs. "I'm going for a walk, I don't know when I'll come back and I don't care if you're here or not when I do."

"Kookie, this is stupid."

He sighed as Jungkook cut him off, slamming the door on his way out.

Jimin was pissed off and wanted to leave at first, but reconsidered when he thought about how Jungkook would react if he came home to an empty apartment.