Chapter 28: Just An Accident

"Are you lost?"

"No."

"I think you might be."

"Noona, I'm not, please stop talking."

I looked at him a little dumbfounded. We had been driving around for another 3 hours and we had missed our exit twice. We only brought one phone charger and Jin left it in the hotel. With that said, I had 10% left on my phone, and his was dead.

"I'm just gunna pull up my GPS again and see if I can get enough directions."

"I can find my way back without the stupid GPS. Do you have no faith in me, damn."

"It's just directions Jin, its not the end of the world I get lost all the time without my GPS." I said trying to calm the atmosphere. I wasn't sure where this hostility was coming from all of a sudden.

He scoffed. "Yeah just so you can tell me that you were right as it was my fault we got lost, and it was my fault that we left the charger in the hotel, and oh...that it was my fault that we got charged for the damages to the bed."

I laughed a litt. "Oppa, first of all I never said you were at fault to anything. I only asked if you remembered the phone charger because I didn't, and the damages to the bed I will happily pay for again if we break it the same way." I said playfully

I tried to reach for his hand but he pulled it away. "Just let me drive, please." He said annoyed.

"Is this your manhood thing you were telling me about? Do directions really make or break whether or not you are manly?"

"That's not fair and you know it...stop."

I scoff again. "Oh my god...it is...I let you do things I've never let anyone do to my body, I do things for YOU that I've never even considere doing before, and DIRECTIONS is the breaker for your manliness? Really?"

"Just stop...I cant handle you barking in my ear like this."

"Well then pull over!" I shouted.

He looked at me with a shocked expression but did as I asked. Once we were parked I turned to him. "Next gas station, which just so happens to be down the road..." I pointed to the right of us, "I am going ot buy a car charger, I'm going to plug my phone in and pull up a GPS to get us home. Why is that so difficult for you? This fight is seriously maddening."

"It's not a big deal, I just can't stand your snarkiness sometimes. I have feelings too ya know!"

"I wasn't being snarkey, I was just teasing you a little."

"Yeah well it's not appreciated...I wanted this weekend to be perfect and here you are ruining the end of it."

"ME?! I'M ruining the end of this weekend?" I was in shock. What the fuck was his problem. "I'm not the one picking a fight with my girlfriend about directions!"

He leaned back into his seat puling his hand to cover his eyes. He let out a sarcastic short laugh, scoffing at me. "You sounds just fucking like her, fucking Christ."

I narrowed my eyes. "Like who?" I asked in a low voice.

"Like my ex. Kate used to nagged at me for stupid shit too."

I'm not going to lie...that hurt. For him to even slightly compare me to someone else was entirely uncalled for. I never treated him the way she did, I gave him love and affection, she didn't. I didn't say anything, I just turned to face the front again crossing my arms.

"What, are you not going to talk to me now?"

"Please, can we just go to the gas station so I can buy a water?" I said softly, trying to hold back tears.

"Yea a water and phone charger remember." He said coldly.

"How could I forget, we are still fucking lost."

In a fit of anger he started the car and shifted into reverse. Just as he backed up quickly, I was jerked forward and then again to the side. I felt a sharp pain in my right side all the way down my body, and then suddenly my head slammed into the window causing it to shatter around me.

Then everything went dark.

Jin's POV

I panicked. She wasn't responding, but she was breathing. Blood was trickling down the side of her face and I was terrified to move her. I jumped out of the car at the sound of someone yelling at me. Before I could even register what they were saying I yelled back.

"Call 911!! Please, my girlfriend is hurt, she's not moving!"

The look on the guys face when from fury to fear and I saw him reach for his cell phone, he called and I didn't hear a thing. I went back around to the other side of the SUV and almost vomited by the damage that was done to the side. The passenger side. The side she was sitting on. The side of the car, the love of my life was trapped in, crushing her body. I ran to the window breaking the rest of the glass so I could get to her.

I took her face in my hands lightly tapping her cheeks as I begged. "Please, baby please wake up. Wake up, an ambulance will be here...we will get you out of here...please wake up!" Her head swayed to the other side and I saw a very light blue speck in the indents of her eyes...there was glass in her right eye. FUCK. I let her face go gently and went back around to see the guy standing there talking frantically to the police. It felt like hours before I heard the distant sirens when really it was only minutes. I had no idea what was happening to her. I didn't know if she was bleeding, if she was awake, if she could hear...but she wasn't moving, and she was barely breathing.

It was like a movie, watching in slow motion as the ambulance and the fire department pry the indented door open to get my beloved girlfriend out. I watched as they had to hold her in place, as her body was limp and moved with the door. I finally was so overwhelmed I became sick, vomiting next to the SUV tire. I didn't know what was happening to my body, I wasn't the one hit yet I was in pain.

Physcial, real pain as I watched them load her onto the ambulance. I jumped in after her, not saying a single word. I just prayed...prayed she would be okay. I watched as they checked her for injuries, putting both her left arm and leg into temporary stabling casts. It was quick, us getting to the hospital and all I could do was wait...wait until someone told me the status of her. If she was breathing, if she was awake, if she could move, remember, anything. I was on my knees in front of the door waiting for any form of hope that things would be able to go back to normal. I should have done it....I should have given her the real surprise. I should have just manned up and done it. But no...I was too much of a chickin shit.

As I stayed there on my knees the shock started to ware off and the reality started to sink in. I couldn't help the sobs that came from my mouth as I bent down into a bow again prying for anything. Hope that nothing would happen to her...so I could give her, her real surprise. The one I was too nervous to give her over the weekend. The one that I was really upset about and took out on her in the wrong way. The surpise that would finally let her see how much I truly loved her.

Please...please come back to me.