Chapter 36: New Best Friends

ONE YEAR LATER

"Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!" I yelled running down the hall. He came out of his home office and I collided into him. I almost fell over but he held on to my arms to steady me.

"What? What is it? Are you okay? Taemin?"

"No, No everyone is fine! I just got off the phone with Taehyung! He and Yoongi are on their way home!" I could barely contain my excitement as I jumped up and down clapping.

"Yes...and?"

"THEY ARE BRINGING JAXON HOME!" I squealed jumping even more.

Jin gave me a wide smile and opened his arms to hug me. I embraced him and shook as my excitement was not dwindling at all. "Are they going home first or coming here?"

"Here...they want him to meet Taemin."

Just then we heard a little fussing over the baby monitor. "Seem's like Taemin wants to meet Jaxon." Jin chuckled. "I'll go get him."

I ran down the stairs and watched from the window for our newly wedded neighbors to bring their own bundle of joy over. I couldn't stop jumping as I watch their SUV pull into our driveway. And just like I had seen a year ago, Tae pulled a tightly wrapped bundle of joy from the back seat with a smile so bright the sun would hide. I opened the door for them and ran into Yoongi's arms pecking his face over and over again.

"You do know this means that you will have to decorate for LITERALLY every holiday right?" I asked him.

He let out a sigh and a smirk started to form on his lips. "Yeah...I know."

"And you know that you will be the one decorating?"

He scoffed. "Tae has to help!"

"He will." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek again. We all walked into the house just to see Jin and Taemin at the end of the staircase. I walked over to them and placed a kiss on the smiling baby.

Tae walked over to us with his blue bundle and started to speak. "Little Tae...this is Jaxon...he is your new best friend." Taemin clapped his chubby hands and giggled a little seeing Taehyung. They were always together since Taehyung loved children. "But don't worry Little Tae...Jaxon is here...but we will still have our Thursday play dates...Jaxon will just be joining us." He kissed Taemin's forehead and pulled back.

We had a great day with our best friends. Jin and Yoongi strangely became close over the past year...they had almost nothing in common but hey...opposites attract right? We became a small family the 6 of us and I was happy. So happy.

"I think he looks like me." Tae said suddenly.

"Oh yeah...he has all your looks, babe." Yoongi laughed.

"I'm serious...look at that nose...that jaw line...it's all me."

"Mmmm you do have a great jawline." Yoongi cooed at him dragging a finger down Tae's jaw as he spoke.

Tae blushed and snapped a bite at Yoongi before kissing him on the lips. "I'm so excited to be a father. Am I daddy?"

"I thought I was daddy?" Yoongi teased.

"Oh pa-lease." Jin groaned next to me. "Too much information guys."

Tae giggled. "I think...for Jaxon...I should be Daddy and you Appa...that way...when I call you Daddy...it's not awkward."

"Smart thinking." Yoongi kissed Jaxons soft forehead which caused him to stir. "I think someone is hungry." He took the baby from Tae's arms and pulled out a bottle.

Jin stood clearning his throat. "I would like to say something if it's alright." I held a bouncing Taemin on my lap while Yoongi fed Jaxon. "Tae...would you hold Taemin please?"

I gave him a weird look and Tae nodded. He took the bouncing baby from my lap and continued the happy movement on his own. I looked up to Jin and waited.

"I have been wanting to do this...for almost two years now. The...the night...ummm uhh...the day of the accident...I picked a fight with you because I didn't do something that weekend. I was so scared to do...what I'm about to do. That's why I was being such a dick to you...that's how I caused the accident. Yes it was an accident and yes I forgive myself...but that...whole experience make me realize just how much I love you. How much you mean to me...and how much I never want to be without you. I kept...putting it off because it was the never the right time...or right way...and then you told me you were pregnant..." A tear fell from his eye. "...and I realized...you had officially made me the happiest man in the universe...you were giving me not only your mind, body, and soul...but your heart...and even your son. This past year has been crazy...and it's been the best year of my life. You and Taemin...you are everything. But there's some unfinished business...and we need to address it now. The perfect place...the perfect time. We are here with our family..." he knelt down and my eyes went wide. I was holding back my sobs so much my throat started to hurt. "...I should have done this that weekend...but if I hadn't...the accident wouldn't have happened...your IUD wouldn't have come out...and we wouldn't have the most important thing in both of our lives in this room with us." He then pulled out a small velvet box and when he opened it I let out an audible gasp. There was a very simple...yet very beautiful diamond ring. There was a band around the stone and the finger band was thicker than most rings...but it was gorgeous. I looked back up to him and he had never looked so determined before. "Marry me." He said. "Let me make you happy..."

"Yes." I breathed without hesitation.

His eyes went soft and he smiled. "I couldn't here you." He tease.

I stood up fast and jumped in more excitement. "YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!"

He stood up reaching to me and pulled me into a warm embrace. I drowned into his laugh and hugged him back. "I love you." He said as he slid the ring on my 4th finger.

"I love you too." I kissed him hard and passionately.

"Ahh Hem..." I heard from behind me. "There are babies in the room."

Jin gave me a smirk then looked behind me. "It was lovely meeting our nephew...but would you mind staying down here for like...20 minutes while I go show Noona something upstairs...in our bedroom"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Oppa!" I scolded hitting his arm.

"No...it's fine..." Yoongi said. "But 20 minutes is all you have."

And with that...Jin bent down hauling me over his shoulder and carrying me up the stairs. I think it's safe to say that we were going to make good use of our 20 minutes.