Chapter 29: Wake Up

Jin's POV

It's been two days.

Two days...and she still hasn't woken up.

I still had not seen her beautiful blue eyes.

Two days that I had not heard her sweet laugh.

Two days that I had not smiled at her sassy mouth.

Two days. Two days of living hell.

I haven't left the hospital. Tae hasn't left the hospital. Yoongi hasn't left the hospital.

I was in her room; looking at her. She was beautiful...even with all the tubes in her. She had to have surgery...there was massive internal bleeding and she lost a lot of blood. Whether or not she was going to wake up wasn't for sure. The doctors had high hopes, but with every passing day I couldn't help but think the worst. Yoongi says she needs to wake up on her own time...that her body and mind need to heal and that she will come back once she's ready.

Maybe.

I was numb. My everything was blank, aside from her. I heard the door creek open and watched as Taehyung came in face stained with tears. He didn't see me, he B lined right to her bed and grabbed hold of her hand gently pulling it to his lips kissing it.

"N-Noona...please come back. I miss you...I miss you so much." He places his head on her stomach and just held her. I couldn't watch. I knew they were close, and I knew that they meant something to each other. But to watch as my brother cry over his broken best friend...which I know was his biggest fear, was just too much. I got up to leave, and I guess my movement caught his eye.

He turned to me and stood up closing the distance between us quickly grabbing me by the front of my shirt.

"You did this...you did this to us...to her..." I watched as more tears ran down his face and as he continued his voice was soft. "Why? What happened?"

He finally asked. I avoided him because of this...I didn't want to tell him. But I would. I would tell him...I owed him that much.

He let go of me as he raised an eye brow expecting an answer. I hung my head a bit mandering up the courage to tell him the truth.

"We got in a fight." I started and swallowed thickly. I made myself look him in the eye...I could be man enough for that. "It wasn't even really a fight...I was...I was mad at myself...and then we forgot the charger to our phones, and then we got lost...it was a mess...I was being a dick to her...I was so angry at myself...god I'm so stupid!" I shouted throwing my head into my hands. I tried to hold back the sobbing for Tae's sake...but I couldn't handle it.

"What were you so mad about?" he asked softer than I deserved.

I shook my head. "Tae, I'm so sorry...I...we...she told me to take her to the gas station...I was going to go but I was so mad...I went to back up and turn around and that's...that's when....when we got hit. I wasn't looking were I was going and I pulled out too fast...I...I did this..."

I fell to my knees again. God I feel so stupid. "GET. UP."I hear Tae say in a loud stern voice. He helps me up as my eyes meet his. "What were you so mad about?" he asked again.

I hesitated, but eventually reached into my pocket and placed the small balck velvet box in his hand. Before he opened it he looked at me with a raised eye brow. "Is...this?"

"Just open it." I said sniffling along.

He did and his eye went wide. "This...this is grandma's ring."

I nodded. "When I took a half day of work a few weeks ago...the Monday after your Halloween party. I went and got it. I knew she was the one."

He looked at me dumbfounded. "Is that what this whole surprise weekend was about? You were going to propose?"