Chapter 3

*** Glad I didn't get busted working on this at work today, but I wanted to get it up for all my lovelies... Hope you all enjoy this!!!! Thank you again for reading my book.***

IrishEyez

Chapter 3

"No, no it can't be, please no." I said out loud, I immediately slapped my hand to my mouth, hoping Helen didn't hear me.

""Blue honey, are you okay?" She called from the other side of the door.

I threw on the towel and opened the door. I was met by her concerned gaze.

"Did I hear you say something?"

I refused to look her in the eyes. "Sorry, I cannot stay here, he's going to find me, I have to go." It all came out so fast that it almost sounded like gibberish. As I tried to walk past her, she grabbed my wrist to stop me and I flinched.

"Honey, what happened to you? Why do you have to leave, and who is coming after you?" She asked.

I could not hold it back anymore; I started bawling and grabbed her into a hug.

"Shhh, we are here for you now, he can't hurt you anymore. Come on, we will go down to the kitchen and have something to eat and drink, you have to be so hungry." I went and put on one of Nate’s t-shirts and a pair of shorts that Helen had got for me.

We walked into the kitchen and I sat down at the large table. The house was so homey, and I felt safe here. Within minutes Helen was back with a warmed up meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a large glass of milk. It was gone in no time. Helen and I sat up and talked for hours.

The only thing that I told her was that I moved in with my boyfriend and that he was VERY possessive.

She told me all about her husband Bill and how they were married for 32 years. He passed away suddenly two years ago in a farming accident when a tractor slipped out of park and crushed him. I could see the love and pain in her eyes as she talked about him.

Helen also told me that Nate has an older sister, her name is Jenny and she lived in Oklahoma with her husband and their three kids. They come to visit every Christmas. All of this reminded me that I have no idea where I am.

"Uh Helen, can I ask you a question?" I asked quietly

"Well of course honey, anything." She answered back with a smile I am now growing to love.

"Where are we?"

She was a little taken aback by the question. "We are in the outskirts of Ewing, Virginia. The closest neighbor is about a mile down the road. This farm that we are on has been in Bill's family for almost 150 years, and had Nate not come home when he did, we would have lost it."

Yup, knight in shining armor, I thought. "Where did you come from Blue if you are okay with telling me."

"I would rather not, the less you know, the better. I would not want anything to happen to you."

"I know you will tell us when you are ready, it's okay." She was so understanding and I could not help but feel that she needed the company as much as me.

"Thank you for understanding Helen, you had mentioned that Nate came home when Bill passed away, was he off at school?" I wanted, no needed to know everything about Nate.

"He was actually in the Marine's and they gave him an honorable discharge when his dad passed away. He had to a lot to get it though, they didn't want one their finest leaving. But once they found out that we would lose the farm, they agreed to it. He wants to go back, I can tell." She got up and came back into the room with several photo albums. It seems that Helen loved taking pictures and there was lots of them.