Chapter 14

***Sorry for the long wait... I am getting nothing done on my school break that I wanted to and now I head back on Monday and blah blah blah... Anyone want to do my College Algebra for me???? ***

IrishEyez

Chapter 14

The first week went by and Grady did not make any more advances towards trying to get me. The day after our fight my mom left, but Megan stayed behind. Turns out that Brody is her Mate. I truest him and know that he will be good to her. Tim is a bit jealous though as he still does not have his mate.

Charlie came back to work today and was shocked by all the people that were around. I told him that they were friends of mine from where I grew up who were displaced by a tornado. He didn’t ask why there was only one other woman. He seemed to watch everyone very carefully and I knew he was growing suspicious. I just decided to try and keep him and everyone else apart when he was here. Hard to do when he and Tim started becoming friends.

We had several people in town each day that were looking for Grady. Each day they would catch his scent and then he seemed to disappear. It was infuriating me that that he was getting away. For almost two more months this went on, each and every time that he would be spotted or scented, he would be gone. This crazy game of cat and mouse or in this case, wolf and mate that he was playing was getting old.

Alpha Parker and several of his men decided to head back home as they were needed there and Grady had seemingly disappeared from the face of the earth. Alpha did however allow Seth, Time and Brody along with a few others to stay behind.

My father and his Pack are staying as he says ‘until that dog is dead.’

Our makeshift Pack was smaller, but we were still strong and not letting our guard down. Men took turns making the rounds and keeping watch for any sign of him.

I even helped out as much as possible with my ever growing stomach in the way. I tried keeping up with the meals and cleaning, but Megan was a great help with that.

At the last doctor’s appointment, they asked if we wanted to know what we were having, but with Grady’s threats hanging over our heads, we decided it would be best to not find out. All that mattered to me was that they were healthy, which they are. Just about even on growth and projected weight.

After the appointment, Nate surprised me by taking me out to dinner in a heavily populated restaurant, just in case someone decided to crash our fun. We were seated almost directly in the middle of the dining hall and Nate’s attention kept getting drawn to other things, whether it was people he knew and had not seen in a while, to looking at this watch and looking for the waiter.

~Nate’s POV~

After the doctor’s appointment, I took Blue out to the nicest restaurant in town. It was a Friday night, so it was crowded and I ran into a lot of people I had not seen in a very long time. Not getting off the farm does that. I had reserved the middle table so that Blue would feel protected. I was so nervous that I couldn’t even look at her. Instead I kept my attention on other things, my watch, the cleanliness of the silverware and where the waiter was. It was all riding on that damn waiter.

I glanced up at Blue and she seemed to be getting upset. I was avoiding all conversation because I didn’t want to say the wrong thing and blurt out my attentions.

“Nate… NATE!” I was jolted back into the here and now by Blue calling out my name and patting my hand that was resting on the table.

“Sor… Sorry.: I feel like a bumbling idiot. I want all of this to go right.

She looked at me cautiously, “what’s the matter with you tonight Nate, you seem so… jumpy.”

I looked up at her and wanted to say everything have been rehearsing over and over. As I open my mouth to spill my guts, the waiter starts walking over with the special dessert I ordered. He walked up and placed the covered dish in front of Blue. I put my hand over the lid to stop her from opening it. Suddenly all worried and nervousness went out the window.