Chapter 20

***This is the final chapter before the epilogue. I am so happy that Black & Blue has been so popular and I hope that just increases once it is 'completed'. Thank you to all who have enjoyed this book and please look for more books from me in the future. I have one completed, one I am almost done posting and two others that I am writing. Thanks again.***

IrishEyez

Chapter 20

   “Do you need help with that Blue?” Helen asked as she came up behind me.

I looked at myself in the floor length mirror and took in the site before me. My dress is made of pale white lace with a sweetheart bust and an empire waist. There is a small yellow broach in the middle of the waist line that was a gift from Helen; she got it from her mother on her wedding day.    

I handed her the veil that I was trying to secure into my loose hair that flowed over my shoulders and down my back, nearly to my waist.

“Thank you Helen, I really do appreciate everything you have done for me.” I turned to look at her right in the eyes. She has been more of a mom to me in the last year then my own mom was for my entire life. I fanned my face with my hands to keep the impending tears at bay.

“Don’t cry honey, this is going to be a wonderful day and everyone is here for you and Nate. To me you are already a Pierce; this is just a formality to make it legal.”

I couldn’t help but let out a little laugh. I had been trying out my new name for about a week now, both writing and say ‘Blue Pierce’.

“Blue honey, the moon is starting to come up, so we should probably head down. Are you ready for this?” She asked me.

I let out a slow breath and opened my eyes. “I was born ready for this.”

She walked out of my bedroom after me and held the small train and flowing veil so it did not drag on the floor as we walked down the stairs.

My dad was at the bottom of the stairs wearing a simple blue and white checkered button up shirt and khakis, but he looked very handsome.

“You look so beautiful baby girl.” He said as I leaned in to give him a hug.

“Thank you daddy.” I almost whimpered at him as he gave me one more squeeze.

We heard the soft flute music playing and Megan came in the front door. She looked so cute in her pale yellow chiffon knee length bridesmaid dress that showed off her baby bump. She is my only bridesmaid and Brody is Nate’s best man.

“We are all set here sis, you coming?”

“Let’s go, I can’t wait any longer.” I said as I let out another deep breath.

Helen gave me a small hug and kiss to the cheek and I stood so Nate would not be able to see me, but I could see him. He looped Helen’s arm through his as he led her down the small aisle that had only a dozen chairs on each side, but the seats were filled with our family and friends.

All except my mom, I really missed her and even though we didn’t always see eye to eye, I wished she could have been here to see me get married. But, I know she is looking down on me.

Another beautiful flute song started and I nodded to my dad. “You ready to start your forever with Nate?”

I couldn’t talk, so I nodded my head. My dad placed my veil over my face and led me out the door. Megan and Brody were walking down the aisle and I paused, waiting when I just wanted to run to Nate. When I saw him, my breath was taken away. He looked so amazing in his black suit that had a yellow tie and a small yellow flower in his lapel. He had a huge grin on his face that told me everything that he was feeling.