Chapter 9

*** Hello my lovlies... I am sorry that it took so long for me to upload to you. I am hoping to get another chapter up soon. How about I get 10 likes and I will try and get another chapter in tomorrow..... just a thought... let's see if it can happen. Love you all!!!! ***

IrishEyez

Chapter 9!!!!

“Hello?” The gruff voice of my father brought me back in time as he answered the phone.

“Daddy?” I took a deep breath waiting for him to reply

I heard him take an exasperated breath in. “Aurora… Baby is that you?” I hated that I needed to call them out of nowhere after almost two years to ask him for help in destroying the man that they sent me away with.

“Dad, listen, I don’t have time to explain now, but I need some of your best fighters, at least 10 of them. I am in Ewing, Virginia and I need you here now!” I spit it all out so fast that I was not sure if he heard any of it.

“Slow down honey, I am going to put your mom on the phone…”

“NO DAD, LISTEN! Just come please, we have some men coming from the Big Sky Pack in Montana and they can only send seven men, with the three we have here, we will not be able to take down Grady. Please dad, just come and help me.”

He was silent for a moment. “I’ll call Alpha Parker and call you back to see how many we can bring you. Baby, what happened?”

My dad sounded so confused at me telling him that I needed his help to go after my mate. “I’ll tell you all when you get here.” I gave him the phone number at Helen’s house and told him that I needed to go.

“I’ll call you back soon honey. No matter what Alpha Parker says, I’ll come out. Love you Aurora, Good bye.”

“Thank you daddy, I love you too.” We hung up and I broke down, I put my back to the wall next to the phone stand and slid down the wall with my head buried in my hands. I didn’t hear the door open and close as a pair of powerful arms wrapped themselves around me and picked me up. He carried me over to the couch and sat down with me sitting on his lap.

“I’m so scared Nate.” I stuttered out as my face was now resting on his chest. “What the hell did I do to deserve this? Why Nate, why does this keep happening?”

“I wish I knew Blue, if I had a way to make all the pain and suffering end for you, I would.” Nate started rubbing on my back to try and sooth me while he had his chin rested on my head.

“It’s like whenever he is around I get helpless all over again”

“I have to admit, you were pretty intimidating back there babe, makes me glad I am not on your bad side.” He then shifted and placed a kiss to the top of my head.

The phone rang and I jumped up. “Hello.” I answered in a hurried tone.

“Aurora, we are coming, there is 10 of us, including Alpha Parker, he wants to know firsthand what is going on. Our flight will be in at 9am, will you be able to meet us there?”

I let out a sigh of relief and smiled slightly. “Yes dad, of course, see you there…dad?”

“Yes baby girl?”

“Thank you.” I answered, with a quivering voice.

“Don’t worry Aurora; whatever is going on will be okay.”

“I hope so, by daddy.”

“Bye baby girl.”

I hung up the phone again and turned into Nate’s waiting arms. We held each other for a few minutes and headed back outside. The three men had gone off and buried Ben’s body in the woods along with Duke and Polly. I was going to miss those dogs, they were great at indicating danger and we could have used them.