Chapter 13

*** Here is to lucky number 13!!!!! I really hope that you all like it... please vote and comment. <3 ***

IrishEyez

Chapter 13

When we got home, Nate ran into the house to change and I waited for him with Seth, my dad and Megan. Once he came out, we walked to the edge of the woods where us wolves stripped down and shifted. I was amazed at Megan’s wolf. She was gray and her tail was black, close to my dad’s gray wolf with one black paw.

I walked up to Nate and nudged him. “You truly are beautiful in both your forms babe.” I nudged him again as a thank you and started running away.

We all took off, careful to not get too close to the edge of the marked territory. It felt so invigorating to be running, even if it was with other wolves keeping watch on me. As we passed the posted guards they all nodded or waived, many even called out a ‘hello’ to Nate. I could not get over that my mom didn’t like him. She would have to get over herself and just be happy for us.

As we approached the entrance to the woods again, I saw Tim and Brody running towards us. I stopped running as they approached us, a bad feeling was settling into my stomach.

“He’s here Blue and he’s alone.” Tim called out as he came closer.

I shifted back and ran to my clothes. Once dressed, I came back out. “What the hell is he doing here; doesn’t he know he just signed his own death warrant?”

“He said that he wants to make a deal with you.” The worry on Tim’s face mirrored Brody’s.

“Well fuck him!.” He was working on my last nerve. Not waiting for everyone else to change, I went storming off in the direction of the house with Nate at my side.

As we approached the house I saw him, the scum of the earth was laughing and talking to… my mother. That felt like I had been slapped in the face and thanks to him I know what it feels like.

“What do you want?” I yelled across the yard as everyone’s eyes shifted to me.

“Aurora that is no way to speak to your mate.” My mom was actually telling me how to talk to this low life.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and signed. “Blue mom, Blue, and butt out of this. Why don’t you just go the hell back home, all you’re doing is angering me and if you cause me to lose this baby, I will never forgive you.”

She smiled at my tirade and I knew what she was about to say.

“Don’t you dare mom, shut your damn mouth.” I mumbled to her.

The devilish grin on her face got wider. “Now Aurora, why would you not want the father to know that you are having twins?”

My jaw hit the ground and I couldn’t move, she said it. I didn’t want Grady to know and it was my own mother that told him.

“Julie! How could you!” My dad bellowed out. He ran up to her and pulled her aside to yell at her some more.

Grady’s eyes went even colder than they normally were. “Twins huh… You think that maybe this time you could actually do it right and give me a son?” Grady asked as he stepped forward. I was still frozen and three people stepped in front of me, it was Alpha Parker, Seth and of course Nate. Grady would not dare take on everyone here alone so he stepped back again.

“Oh Aurora, like I said I gave a deal for you.” I didn’t answer; I was still completely dazed from my mother’s betrayal. “The deal is that if either or both of the babies are a boy, they are mine. If they are girls, I really don’t give a rat’s ass what you do with them.”