Chapter 15

*** This chapter is a little long, but a vital game changer... I would like to dedicate this chapter to SageTaylor, thank you for taking the kiddos with you... allowed me some time alonde with Blue... Thanks again. <3 ***

IrishEyez

Chapter 15

I let a few days go by; Grady had been spotted a couple times, but was not caught. I stayed in the house and tried to figure out how I was going to get past the watchmen. Security has been bumped back up since he recently started appearing again.

I lay awake in bed next to Nate, he was on his side and had his arm draped over my side with his hand resting on my belly. It was killing me that this was going on. Nate was too good of a man to be going through all of this. I knew I needed to act now.

Slowly, I got up out of bed trying to not wake him up. Lifting his arm off of me, he stirred slightly. I paused and held my breath while he got comfortable again. Again, I worked my way up, this time he didn’t move. I grabbed a piece of paper from the small desk and wrote Nate a note.

Nate,

            Please don’t be upset with me. I’m doing this to save us all from a world of hurt. This is my fight and I need to do this. Don’t come after me. I know you will be okay. You deserve someone that is not attached to so much baggage. I’m sorry Nate, but please remember that I do love and I always will.

Always,

Blue

I removed the ring that Nate had given me and placed it with the letter on my pillow. I didn’t even take anything with me. I quietly left the bedroom, went down the stairs and headed out the front door. Quiet sobs were escaping my mouth as tears poured down my face.

When I got to the edge of the woods, I stripped of my clothes and shifted into my wolf. I ran as fast as I could toward where Grady had been seen a few days earlier. I heard a growl behind me and looked to see Tim’s wolf chasing me down. I picked up as much speed as I could and got past the boundaries.

When I did, I shifted back into my human form and turned to Tim. “I’m sorry Tim, you are all free now. Tell everyone goodbye and thank you. If I make it through this, maybe I will see you again.” Before he had a chance to shift and talk to me, I was back on my four paws and running.

Once I caught Grady’s scent, I stopped and shifted back into human form. Taking a deep breath I called to him. “GRADY, YOU SON-OF-A BITCH SHOW YOURSELF!”

A part of my hoped that he would not be here, but after about 10 minutes, a large brown wolf appeared at a break in the trees about 100 feet from me. It shifted and Grady was now standing before me.

“I knew you would come running back to me bitch. Get tired of that pitiful human?” He was walking towards me with an ugly smirk on his lips that would make the joker proud.

I stood my ground and put my hand out to stop his approach. “Grady, I have come here to make you a deal.”

He stopped and looked at me as if he won the Alpha of the Year award. “Oh really, so what might that deal be my mate?”

I took another deep breath and slowly let it out. “Here it is Grady, I don’t want to be you mate, but I now that you would not give it up until you have your heir. So, if one of these babies is a boy, you will raise it as the future Alpha. But, if there is a girl, she will live with me and she will not know you even exist.”

His expression was unreadable. “Well, Aurora, that almost seems like a deal that I can live with. Fine, we have an agreement. Now, let’s go home.”