Chapter 19

***Okay, so I know that I said that there would be about 5 more chapters, well, I overestimated. I think that there is one more after this one and then the epilogue... Thank you all for reading B&B and I hope you have enjoyed it. If you have not already, please check out my other books, Guilty of Love(Finished) and Finding me (unfinished). Thanks again. ***

IrishEyez

Chapter 19

It has been two days and Jenny refuses to look at Tim and me. It’s Nate’s birthday and Helen has been in the kitchen all morning, refusing to let help her. She got emails back confirming that at least 25 people were coming tonight. She insisted that I get as much rest as I can now as Nate’s friends can get a bit rowdy.

I laid around in the bedroom all morning watching television, reading or playing online. If I had to endure this for another three months, I may go absolutely crazy.

Nate had been hiding in the work shed all morning; Helen told me that he is not a big fan of birthdays. Hopefully my gift tonight will help him change his mind. I am nervous about giving it to him, we only talked about me marking him a few times and he has never been against it, hopefully that hasn’t changed.

I was staring blindly at the old movie on the TV when I heard Nate coming in. I was hoping that he would come and lay down with me, but he didn’t. I heard the dresser drawers open, meaning he was grabbing clothes to put on and then he left the bedroom.

It was ridiculous for me to expect him to be with me all the time. I felt so needy and I was hoping that it was just the hormones. Dozing off again, I took comfort in knowing that Nate loves me, even if he can’t be glued to my hip, I was not sure how long I was asleep but I felt the familiar shift on his side of the bed and his hand wrapped around me. He then pulled me towards him.

“I was trying to not wake you, sorry.” He whispered when he noticed me stir a little.

 “It’s okay, you smell delicious Nate, a combination of shampoo and wood shavings, I love it.”

He laughed at me, “Only you would appreciate shampoo and wood shavings as a great scent.”

I was so comfortable with him holding me that I couldn’t even answer, I fell right back asleep.

“Blue… Blue baby, it’s time to get up.” Nate called out in a hushed tone. I had been asleep for almost five hours. “Do you still want to come down for a while?”

I slowly sat up with his assistance and rubbed my eyes. “Yeah, I’ll be right down after I shower.” I yawned out.

“Want help? It’s been a while since we have showered together.” He stated while kissing my knuckles.

This made me laugh that he could find me attractive even with a giant stomach. “Only because it’s your birthday.”

He jumped up and helped me stand. We took a long hot shower and I think he enjoyed washing my body a little too much.

“We need to do that more often.” He bobbed his eyebrows up and down and smirked.

“Maybe you should go get back in and take a cold shower.” I said trying to get away from his wandering hands.

“If I had the time, I would baby, believe me.”

I thought I would drive him even crazier, so when we got back into the bedroom and the door was closed, I let the towel drop to the floor and I traipsed around the room in the buff.

“You are very mean, you know that right?”

“I have no idea what you are talking about Nate; I’m just trying to get ready for your birthday party.”