Chapter 10

***Sorry for the wait, finals are coming up and Astronomy is killing me!!! Also, this chapter is a little shorter, but I hope you like it all the same.. love you all***

IrishEyez

Chapter 10

We arrived at the tiny airport where Nate and I stood behind the security checkpoint and waited for our help to come through the gates. I was getting fidgety and Nate took my hand to calm down, but it didn’t work. I knew that nothing was going to calm my nerves until my old Pack was here. I started cracking my knuckles after I let go of Nate’s hand, it’s a nervous habit that I hated.

“Honey, chill out, it’s all going to be alright.” He was doing everything possible and he pulled me into a hug, wrapping him arms around my shoulders, I brought mine around his waist.

“Thank you Nate, I just hope he doesn’t hate you.” He pulled away suddenly and looked at me with shock in his eyes.

“And why would he hate me?”

“One, you’re human and two, you are not my mate, but I know once he hears what happened, he will love you.” I let a knowing smile play across my lips and gave Nate a big kiss. When we parted, I caught the scent of wolves, lots of wolves.

Nate could feel me tense up and we both started looking around. But when I was able to pick out the familiar scent of my dad, I relaxed. I saw the men come around the corner. Alpha Parker was leading the way with my father at his right; the other nine men were close behind. I was grinning from ear to ear. As soon as they got past security and grabbed their bags I looked up at Nate and he gave me a wink with a little smirk. He let me go and I went running into my dad’s arms. He picked me up and spun me around a few too many times as I felt my stomach lurch.

“Oh dad, set me down please!” He stopped and that was worse than the spinning. Setting me down on my unsteady feet, I felt everything spinning around me. Before I could fall, I felt the familiar hands of Nate grabbing me.

“You okay babe?” Nate asked me, I heard a growl come from my father. Oh shit, I thought to myself.

“Aurora May Langston, what is the meaning of this?” My dad was so mad and I needed to diffuse the bomb that was about to go off. I put my hand up to stop him and he just glared at me. Once I could get myself together, I could be able to explain all to him. The airport stopped spinning and I could stand up without assistance again, so I went to stand next to Nate who was looking worriedly at me.

“Are you okay?” He whispered to me.

“I’m fine honey.” I relied trying to reassure him that I was truly okay. Another growl came from my dad. “Knock it off dad, you don’t scare me.”

He seemed saddened and a little taken aback that his once dominating growl didn’t work on my anymore. “Dad, this is Nate Pierce, me fiancé.” They all, including Nate looked at me. I leaned up to his ear and whispered. “I have decided, and the answer is yes.” His eyes got huge and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

“HEY!” My dad yelled, breaking us apart. “What the hell is going on here? The last time I saw you, you were leaving happy as could be with your mate, I don’t hear a word from you for two years and now you’re engaged to some… some human?” He questioned while motioning towards Nate like he was yesterday’s garbage. He was furious and I was afraid that he was going to shift right in the middle of the airport.

“Dad, you have no idea what I have been through in the last two years!” The thoughts coursed through my brain and I started tearing up. “When I was beaten and starved and then was finally able to get away, Nate saved me. I would be dead if he had not found me, Now, I would rather not do this here dad.”