Chapter 12

*** Hello my beauties... I am so excited that you are all loving Black & Blue so much... Please continue to vote and comment, they make my heart go pitter-patter... Love you all!!!!***

IrishEyez

Chapter 12

I spent the next few hours cleaning until it was time for us to leave for our appointment. I was very nervous; all I kept thinking was that there is going to be something wrong with the baby. I am about 16 weeks which is where I was when Grady forced me to lose my second daughter. With all the stress I had been under recently, I worried about this baby, a lot.

I slipped on a sleeveless pink dress shirt that crisscrossed in the front and a matching ivory skirt that came to just below my knees and put on a pair of pink flip-flops. Helen insisted on getting this outfit for me and I can honestly say that I love it. I wanted Doc Tanner to see how well I’d done regaining my health since he was last ‘in the neighborhood’ two months ago. I know he was checking up on me. The first two month I was here he was ‘in the neighborhood’ about once a week and stopped to check up on me.

My dad and Alpha Parker thought it best that we bring someone with us into town, just in case. I told them that I would only agree if it was Tim and Brody, they could make me laugh at anything and right now I was so nervous that I needed them with me.

I asked my dad if he wanted to come along, but he said that this was something that Nate and I needed to share, alone. It saddened me a little that he didn’t want to come along. But I knew better than to push the subject.

Tim and Brody were all ready and we were just waiting on Nate. When he finally came down, he shocked me. He was wearing a white, blue and green striped polo shirt and a pair of jeans that were fitted in just the right spots. My wolf let out a possessive growl and he just laughed at me.

“Was that a good growl or a bad one?” He asked cocking his left eyebrow.

This made me giggle. “Good, very good.” I was use to seeing him in old t-shirts and shorts. Sure I see him in jeans every day, but that’s when he is doing chores. “We should maybe go before I change mind and drag you upstairs.” I whispered to him.

“Well I’m not letting you out of this, so let’s go.” He took my hand and we went outside. “I need to get something, go on into the truck with the guys, I’ll be right there.” He kissed my cheek and walked towards the work shed. He came back out carrying the rocking chair he has made for Doc Tanner. It was absolutely beautiful, he has stained it dark and I could tell that there was an intricate design of what looked like roses carved into the headrest. It touched me deeply that he made this to thank Doc for saving my life.

We pulled up to the clinic about a half hour before my appointment as they had asked me to come early to fill out paper work. They were similar to the questions that he had asked me when he examined me all those months ago. The best question for me to answer was about my emergency contacts. Of course it was Nate and it seemed odd to place my relationship to him as fiancé. I filled out the rest of the papers as best as I could and gave them back to the secretary.

We were called back and we had Tim and Brody stay in the waiting room. The nurse weighed me; I was shocked to see that I had not only gained all my weight back, but another six pounds on top of that. My blood pressure was normal and my temp was slightly elevated from the normal 98.6 degrees that a human might have. But, being a werewolf, it would be higher. She asked me if I had any prenatal care and I answered that I only had the pills that Doc Tanner had brought me. She set everything up that Doc would need for the ultrasound and I started getting excited, I was going to get to see my baby.

She left and I was alone with Nate, I sat on the exam table and he sat in one of the chairs. His left leg was bouncing up and down and I could tell that he was nervous.