Chapter 16

*** SURPRISE!!!! two updates in two days!!! You will get to meet Nate's sister in this chapter, let me know what you think of her... ***

IrishEyez

Chapter 16

All fighting ceased and everyone’s eyes were on Charlie, still holding the gun over Grady, his hands trembling. He then stumbled backwards and dropped the gun.

“Charlie, look at me.” I called to him; his eyes were glued to the body before him.

My father shifted back and stood behind Charlie, placing his hands to Charlie’s shoulders, he pulled him away and turned him. “Come on Charlie; let’s get you out of here.”

Tim and Brody ran up to me in human form and started taking off the chain and shackles that kept me in chair.

Nate was still unconscious and there were a couple men were picking him up and heading toward the stairs.

My legs were weak, so Brody picked me up as well and headed in the same direction. Outside the warehouse was a van and Nate was laying in the backseat. He looked so helpless just laying there. One of the men handed me some clothes and I slipped them on.

We pulled up in front of the hospital and quickly a nurse came out with a wheelchair for me and then two came out with a gurney for Nate.

I was wheeled into a room across the hall from Nate. I kept trying to see what was happening in his room but couldn’t. he nurses were telling me to sit still, the police were there and asking me what happened and I could hear my dad in the hallway yelling about wanting to see me.

There was a needle stuck into my arm and I suddenly felt very sleepy. Again, the black came over me.

I could recall hearing the two heartbeats on the fetal monitor, my dad now calmer and talking to a nurse and then a sound that made my heart drop.

“Clear!” I heard a man call out.

“Still flat line, go to 400”

“Clear”

I could hear my heart going faster on the monitor and my dad and the nurse tried to calm me down.

“Shhh Blue, calm down. He’s going to be okay.” My dad stated as he brushed my hair from my face.

“We have a heartbeat.” I heard the man’s voice say from Nate’s room.

My body relaxed and then everything went into an echoing fog around me. I am not sure how long I was out, but when my eyes fluttered open, my dad and Megan were standing over me.

“How’s Nate?” I asked. They both smiled down at me with worry in their eyes.

“He’s down in the ICU, Grady hit him pretty hard. He had swelling on his brain and they had to do surgery. They had to induce a coma to help his brain heal.” My dad was running his thumb on the top of my hand and he held it.

“I need to see him; I need to talk to him.” I tried to get up and out of the bed, but they held me down.

“The doctors are not letting you go anywhere, you started having contractions and they had to give you meds to stop it.” Megan added.

I started crying and couldn’t control it. Megan climbed into bed next to me and just held me. I needed to tell Nate how sorry I was, that I still love him, that I need him.

I was kept in the hospital for the next three days until the doctors were sure that I was out of danger. The first place I went was to Nate’s room.