one

anything but

'''

during the feast , the potter boy couldn't help but let his eyes roam over the Slytherin table, though he was met with mostly sneers, he finally found the girl his friends had been describing to him on the train. yes , he surely remembered her as the shy girl In his classes who never responded to any of his attempts to make any form of conversation, but here were his two most trusted friends claiming she wasn't shy? he was greatly confused, and wanted answers from the girl , but felt like asking her wasn't the best option.

at some point she must've felt his stare aimed at the side of her head as she turned and met his eyes, and instead of turning away like harry was inclined to do, he felt like he couldn't move. her glare was piercing, deadly almost , after what was surely a solid 15 seconds , she finally turned her head back to the front and pretended to be paying attention.

though of course she was mostly focusing on why of all people, Harry Potter, had been staring at her.

When Umbridge, the new defense against the dark arts teacher , was introduced, it seemed the Slytherin table lit up, but instead Athena wrinkled up her nose, already disliking the woman       in-front of her. She made sure to glance to the ravenclaw table, just to see her two friends glancing back wth similar expressions.

the ministry was invading Hogwarts , and they all knew it.

.,.

the first time Athena Malkin ever interacted purposely with Harry Potter was in defense against the dark arts, one of the three classes she was so lucky to share with him. Umbridge had began discussing the course , which was ridiculous , and this had upset Granger and Potter greatly.

Athena was going to stay out of it, in-fact she planned to stay out of it, and she almost did. That was until the old toad just had to bring up Cedric Diggory.

Cedric had been the only Hufflepuff the grumpy Slytherin had ever gotten along with, he had an odd relationship with the girl, as they really were an unlikely pair of friends, and loosing him the previous year had greatly affected her.

"So you're saying Cedric Diggory just dropped dead of his own accord?"

Potter spat out , anger flowing through his words

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident!"

all eyes fell on the young girl whose fists immediately clenched. She slowly rose to her feet and placed her hands on either side of her desk.

"and whats your name?"

she addressed Athena in her sickly sweet voice

" Athena , Malkin"

she spoke through gritted teeth

"and do you have something to say then?"

"I'm only going to say it once so listen up toad. if you ever say his name again, and disrespect it again, I won't stay still"

"Is that a threat Ms.Malkin?"

"Yes , it is"

"Well I'm afraid threatening a teacher is a punishable misdemeanor, I'm going have to send you out of my class"

she nearly spit out in that fake high pitched voice

but by the time she'd said the word punishable , Athena had snatched her bag from the ground and walked out of the class.

Harry was soon sent out of the class as well and found Athena sulking around the halls , though. there were dark mascara stains around her eyes.

A scarcely known fact about Athena Malkin, was that she hated crying more than most things in the world. She hated the weakness of it, the vulnerability of it. But at the mention of her old friend she'd crashed. She truly missed Cedric, and had spent too many nights crying about him, making herself even more upset.

So when the person she greatly disliked witnessed her rare state of vulnerability , anger seared through her veins.

"hey"

the boy spoke quietly , earning no response from the cold girl.

"thanks for speaking up back there, Umbridge is pretty crazy huh"

he prodded , trying to make conversation.

but the girl just chuckled and let her head fall, and a hand run through her hair.

"I didn't do it for you potter"

she spat with such malice the famously brave boy almost winced

"so don't thank me"

she spoke, before brushing past him hardly and making sure to smack her shoulder into his

and that was the day Harry Potter discovered Athena Malkin was truly anything but shy

...