sixteen

tension

  After Umbridge became official headmaster , Athena began to realize her mistakes

  After Umbridge became official headmaster , Athena began to realize her mistakes. She held her head low, trying her best not to cause trouble, though her anger had flared up again. She spent countless nights ranting to Harry, about the toad m her trouble in classes or anything that caused the girl to feel the familiar spike of anger in her stomach. The raven haired boy simply sat, occasionally he would chime in with his own opinions on the teacher or assignment , but for the most part he basked in the suddenly chatty girl.  

Though he had a qudditch final to be preparing for the boy found his mind occupied by the dark haired Slytherin who he was so attached to. He hadn't made a close friend in a while, and though he greatly valued Ron and Hermione , change was nice, and the sassy girl was certainly a change. 

Athena too felt it was nice to have someone else to talk to besides the two buffoons she adored so much , who speaking of which had snuck of behind her the morning of the final itself. They bore Ravenclaw scarves , even carrying an extra for Athena , knowing she'd want to sit with them. 

Though Athena had spent a lot of time with the Gryffindor trio , these two were only mock hurt. They understood and completely supported the girl they knew to be so cold. They never held it against her as they understood that even opening up was a massive step for her. So they slung their arms around her shoulder , pulling her off to the stands where Professor Flitwick simply scoffed at the Navy decorated Slytherin and just rolled his eyes, letting them in. 

Her two friends cheered loudly for their team , as did Athena , though her eyes trailed only on the golden boy whizzing through the stadium. Her legs crossed, one hand holding up her chin, her sharp green eyes watched him carefully. When he was close enough she could see the lines of concentration etched into his face, even far away she could sense his passion for the game, only slightly peeking her interest. She understood it fine, she just didn't really see the appeal. She made a note to ask Harry about it later. 

Though she herself didn't notice it , anytime Gryffindor scored a small smile fell onto her face, even more noticeable was the slight gasp and small cheer that left her mouth when Harry won the game for Gryffindor.