thirty five

christmas 

Athena smelled fresh pine and soap

 Her head lay on a firm chest, a hand ran through her hair. The chest moved up and down with his laughter and she couldn't help but smile along with him. 

Her eyes half closed as light shown on them. Without opening her eyes she pulled her hand across his bare chest and up to his chin to pull him into another kiss. 

She felt his lips pull into a smile, her own following soon after. 

"We should get to Breakfast" 

She smiled in-between the kisses 

"Yeah we should" 

he responded, pulling her back down 

she giggled, and although every part of her wanted to stay in bed with him, she forced herself out of his grip. 

She felt his eyes trailing over her chest, she pulled her grey cardigan over then under shirt she had fallen asleep in and her hair into a bun. Pulling her tie around her neck she messily attempted to tie it but failed. She suddenly felt warm arms around her shoulders and she glanced up at the boy staring back at her as he tied her tie. 

"Four years and you still suck at this huh 'Thena?" 

Cedric smiled 

She butt her elbow back into his chest lightly, laugh tumbling from her mouth. 

"Find a shirt C, then we'll talk" 

She giggled 

He smiled at the girl in the reflection as he looked across the floor for his shirt. After they both looked presentable they both headed down to the great hall. They stood in the large entryway together, Athena taking one look at the glances sent their way and split off to the Ravenclaw table. 

Athena took one look at her friends before they shot each other the look. 

"So how was your night?" 

Wren asked, smirk falling onto her face. 

"Yeah I see you and Cedric showed up together, must just be a coincidence... Right?"

Lacie pitched in 

"Nothing happened, shut up"