thirty seven

almost

almost

the two were a mere breath apart, one lean forward and their lips would touch. The moon casting over their faces the two barely dared to breathe. Harry found himself staring into the girls green eyes that so closely resembled his own. 

Athena too found herself staring over the boys features. His disheveled hair fell over his scar. A scar she had marveled over many times. And just like last year, in a hallway much similar to the one they were in then, she felt her slim hands flick up to his hair and messed with the raven strands. Even running over his scar a couple times. 

Harry stayed quiet, even letting his eyes drift closed a couple times before adrenaline ran through his body and his eyes snapped open, hadn't snapping up to grab the girls wrist. 

Eyes trained on the girl, her breath caught as she stared back at him. 

His hadn't still clasped over her wrist, he continued staring at the girl. 

"what are you doing?" 

Athena spoke quietly, voice barely above a whisper 

"lets just stay like this" 

he replied, eyes trained on the girls lips 

Athena could barely breathe, green eyes trained the eyes of the taller boy. 

Before fear coursed through her veins and flashes of Cedric passed over her eyes. 

His lips 

His smile 

His dead body

Her hand ripped from Harry's grasp and she shoved the boy backwards in a panic 

with the shove Harry seemed to snap out of his trance. 

"Right sorry about that" 

The boy mumbled, awkwardly scratching behind his ear, eyes trailing anywhere but the girl. 

"I-I'm sorry Harry I can't"