Part 2

The next week is unpleasant for both Chuck and Negan as things escalate between them. The few times that they meet at the elevator, the one inside always makes sure to close the door before the other can enter. And after some of Chuck's clothes go missing from the laundry room, she purposefully stops Negan's clothes in the washer and piles them on the floor sopping wet.

And of course, Negan makes sure to bring a different woman home every single night, even making sure to call the ones he knows are screamers. And every night when Negan would start to go at it with whatever woman he had for the night, Chuck would start to play another one of her unsexy playlists.

Sure, it ends up in lost sleep and frustration for the both of them, but neither one wants to relent as long as the other one is inconvenienced. This is war, after all.

Chuck yawns as she sits at her desk waiting for her new couch to arrive. Her old couch was pretty much just a wooden frame and some loose cushions, so she got rid of it herself fairly easily earlier in the day. But her new couch is a proper one, and will require some delivery guys to get it in her apartment. And they should be arriving any minute now.

Unfortunately for Chuck, Negan happens to run across the men from the furniture store before their job could be done.

Negan had seen Chuck head out to the dumpster with what looked like the remains of a very cheap couch. So when he sees two beta men in coveralls carrying a new couch through the hallway, he puts two and two together and figures out where it's headed.

"Hey, guys," Negan calls out to the men with a wave of his hand. "Chuck told me to tell you guys to just leave the couch out here. She had a fuckin' family emergency and had to run out."

The delivery men halt their motion and set the couch down. "Who's Chuck?" one of them asks as he straightens back up.

Shit. 'Chuck' is a nickname. I don't actually know her real fuckin' name, Negan thinks.

"My neighbor," he points to Chuck's door, hoping that will be enough to convince the guys. "We all call her Chuck. She told me she was expecting a fuckin' delivery."

One of the guys picks up the delivery slip to look it over. "That's the right apartment number. Charlotte Langdon, apartment 54."

"Charlotte, yeah. That's Chuck." Negan plays it cool but can't hold back a little smirk at how easy it was to deceive the beta men. "She said you can just leave it right here." He points to the wall beside her door.

"You're gonna help her get this inside?" one of the guys asks a little hesitantly. He has a job to do, but questioning an alpha can have unpleasant consequences.

"Of course," Negan lies. "Me and her are thick as fuckin' thieves. We're like family. Don't worry about it."

The delivery men shrug at each other and move the couch to the wall, then turn to leave. Negan watches them go and when he's sure they're gone, he walks up to Chuck's door and knocks.

Chuck is expecting the delivery, so she doesn't even look through the peephole before answering. When she sees that it's Negan standing there instead, she rolls her eyes.

"What do you want?" she hisses.

Negan just smiles back. "Your couch is out here."

Chuck peeks her head out the door and sees the piece of furniture she ordered, but the men that are supposed to get it in her apartment are nowhere to be seen.

"Where are the movers?" she asks.

"Oh," Negan looks off toward the elevator, "I told them you had to leave on a family emergency and that you wanted the couch left in the goddamn hallway while you were out," he responds smugly.