Part 5

Chuck rushes outside and into her car parked in the lot behind her building. The events of the morning have left her upset. Not only was she shocked by finding a naked Negan in her apartment, but what she learned by hearing the conversation between him and her mom was almost just as shocking.

Chuck heard her mother say that she told Negan to stay away from her, which she did not know about. And it doesn't really sit well with her. She feels like her mother went behind her back to manipulate her life without getting any input from her in the first place. Her mother also told Negan that she had to protect Chuck from the world. Chuck took that as meaning that her mother thinks she's stupid and naive, when in reality, her mother really just wants what's best for her daughter. Even though Chuck doesn't think so, her mother's assessment that Chuck can be unworldly is actually true. And Diane definitely didn't mean any harm with what she said.

It's Negan's words that keep bouncing around in Chuck's mind, though. She had been enjoying her time hanging out with Negan recently and she thought that they were genuinely getting closer. Not necessarily in a romantic way, but at least in a friendly way. Then what he said cut to her core. He said that he had been trying to get Chuck to choose him for her heat. But was that his only reason for being nice to her? Was he just doing what he thought she wanted to get her to agree to have sex with him? Chuck is leaning that way.

Of course he wouldn't really want me. No one's ever wanted me before, so why would it be any different now? Negan's alpha side is just wanting my omega side. He'd never actually cared about me.

Chuck starts her car, but doesn't know where to go. She really doesn't want to be around Negan or her mother right at the moment, so she decides to go to the only other place she really can, her Uncle Aaron's house. He lives just outside of the suburbs with his husband Eric in a house out in the woods. He had always been close with Chuck throughout her whole life, turning more into a father figure after her own father had died. Then when Eric came into the picture, he quickly adopted Chuck as his family, too.

Chuck dials her uncle's number and waits for him to answer.

After three rings, he does. "Hey, Chucky."

"Hey," she greets back with a small voice.

He picks up on her emotional state immediately. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she answers. "Can I stay at your house tonight?"

"What's wrong, sweetie?" he presses.

"It's a long story." She hopes that he'll just accept that and move on.

Aaron knows Chuck well enough to know that when she's upset, she really doesn't like to talk about it. So whatever has her wanting to stay at his house for the night, must've really affected her.

"Okay, Chucky. Of course you can stay with me and Eric. But we're out of town right now. We won't be back until after dinner."

"Oh." Chuck let's out a sigh.

"You still have our key, right? You can just let yourself in."

"Yeah, I still have it."

"I'll pick up something for you to eat when we get back."

"Okay. Thanks, Uncle Aaron."

After she hangs up, she leaves the parking lot and heads out of the city.

At the same time, Diane is still in Chuck's apartment. Right after Negan had left, Diane set out to clean up the mess he had made in her daughter's apartment. She found some dish gloves near Chuck's sink and gathered up all of the dirty clothes and bed linens to pile them in Chuck's hamper.