Part 10

Chuck opens her eyes and blinks a few times before she realizes where she is.

Hospital room. She thinks. I was in heat.

"Sweetie?" Diane's voice calls out quietly from Chuck's right.

"Mom?" Chuck croaks as she tries to sit up.

Diane moves to help her. "How you feeling?" She sits back down after Chuck is in a comfortable seated position.

"Still feel a little loopy." She rubs at her forehead as memories start to flood in. They're a little jumbled and fuzzy, but she remembers enough to cause a blush in her cheeks. "Oh god..."

Diane sits forward. "What? Do you feel sick?"

Chuck flicks her head to Diane then quickly away again. "I remember..." She doesn't exactly want to tell her mother. "...stuff"

Diane nods, knowing that all of this will probably be embarrassing for Chuck. She doesn't want to push her daughter into talking about it, so she decides to just stick to what she knows of what happened. "Negan brought you in already in heat. Dr. Bailey was called in and she got you set up in here. She said your emotional state probably triggered your heat early."

"Is that okay? My last heat was early, too."

"You're fine. She said since you're still newly presented, irregular heats can happen anyway. But you're good. It was close, but you're good."

"Close?"

"You went unconscious before Dr. Bailey could get you into a room. She said your close proximity to Negan probably accelerated your heat. So it was almost too late." Diane hates to think about what would have happened if Negan hadn't gotten Chuck to the hospital as quickly as he did. Then again, he could have given into his instincts and Diane would be a grandmother in nine months most likely.

Chuck thinks about that night she had in her apartment after the funeral. "I asked Negan to sit with me. I just didn't want to be alone," she starts to explain to her mother. "We were just sitting on the couch. I guess I fell asleep, sorta cuddled into him. Then when I woke up..." She lets out a groan as she remembers wrapping herself around Negan. Nuzzling into his neck. Even grinding against him. "God." She covers her face in shame. "I can never see Negan again. He's gonna hate me for how I acted."

"He doesn't hate you, Chuck."

"I... molested him. I'm sure he didn't want me to touch him like I did. And I distinctly remember him pushing me away from him in his car. I think he used his alpha voice on me to get me to stop."

Diane scrunches up her face in confusion. "You do remember that he was in rut, right?"

"What?" She looks from side to side as if that would sharpen her memories. Was Negan really in rut that night? She doesn't really remember what he did that much, just what she was doing. She was certainly reacting to him, but her heat and the after effects of the drugs she was given are making it impossible for her remember all the details. "He was in rut?"

"Yeah. He was in full rut when he brought you in. And when they tried to take you to a room, he got violent. So they sedated him for the rest of his rut."

"They sedated him? Is he okay?"

As if on cue, there's a knock on the door and Diane rises to answer it. She steps to the side, allowing the visitor, none other than the man they were talking about himself, to enter.

He starts to walk over to Chuck. "Hey, sweetheart."

She can't help but giggle at how Negan looks. He's wearing pink scrubs a couple sizes too small, so the tight pants end above his ankle and the top is stretched across his chest. He also has a pair of flip flops on.