Part 12

Oh my god. I'm gonna have sex with Negan tonight.

The thought has Chuck's heart rate spiking with anticipation. She feels that it's the right time to do it. After all, he's shown her that he cares about her. Especially today, with the gift he got her for her birthday. And she cares about him, too. In a way that's different from anyone else in her life. So she knows that sleeping with Negan is what she wants to do.

Doesn't make her any less anxious about it.

Negan feels the change in the air as they drive back to their apartment building from Diane's house. He turns his head to look at Chuck, seeing that she's rubbing her hands over her thighs like she's nervous.

"You okay, sweetheart?" he asks.

"Mmhmm," she answers quickly. "I'm good."

He smirks at her obvious lie. "You sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

He peeks at her again. "You look like you're pissing your pants."

She tries to laugh it off, but it comes out too loud and awkward. "No! I'm fine."

"What's going on, Chuck?"

She takes a deep breath and clears her throat. "N-Nothing."

" Chuck. "

"Do you want to have sex with me tonight?" she blurts out.

He's taken aback for a moment. "Are you offering?" He would like nothing more than to sink his knot into Chuck tonight. As a matter of fact, a good portion of his blood is currently rushing south right now just at the thought.

"Um. Yeah...?"

"You don't sound so confident in that." As much as he would love to finally fuck Chuck, he wants to make sure she is really ready to do so.

She looks away from him. "I want to... do it. With everything... how we've been together and all... It's just... I want to move forward with you."

"As long as you're really sure , it's gonna be an emphatic 'yes' from me."

She can't help but giggle at his answer. "Okay. So... tonight's the night." She pats her palms on her legs, still trying to get her nerves out.

Negan notices and sets his hand on top of hers. "I want you to trust me, baby girl. Okay?"

"I know you wouldn't hurt me," she responds immediately.

He shakes his head. "No. I want you to trust me enough to be fully fuckin' honest with me. If you wanna stop, at any given fuckin' moment, I want you to tell me. And I want you to trust that I'll stop."

"Okay. I trust you," she replies, though she's not completely sure why he's insisting upon it.

When they get back up to their floor, they pause in the hallway for a moment.

He looks down at her with raised eyebrows. "So?"

She blinks a few times, steeling her nerves. "Would you like to come in?"

He smirks at her. "I would love to."

Chuck unlocks her door and the pair walk in. As Chuck throws her purse and keys on the counter, Negan walks further into the room. He knows Chuck is nervous; he can almost feel it. And as much as he wants to go at her pace, time is becoming a factor.

Her last heat was just a month ago, so they should be good for at least another month. Hopefully. Ideally, they would be having sex regularly before her next heat comes. Because the very last thing he wants is to have her first sexual experience to be when she's in heat. He wants her to be fully aware of what's happening and in control of herself for her first time.