Part 6

Negan gets out of the shower and comes back out to the living room just as Chuck is putting a dirty cereal bowl in his sink.

"You changed your clothes," he comments as he pours himself more coffee to try to combat the headache he has.

"Yeah. I went home and got dressed."

He turns and points to the box of Cap'n Crunch that is definitely not his sitting on the counter. "And brought breakfast."

Chuck giggles. "Yeah. I usually just eat cereal in the morning and you didn't have any. I took some of your milk though. I hope that's okay."

"Well then it's only fair I get some of your cereal." He gets in his cupboard and grabs a bowl, not waiting for her answer.

"You can have some."

He pours himself a bowl then sits down at the counter, with Chuck standing on the other side. He takes a bite of the crunchy little morsels then points to his bowl with his spoon. "Isn't this shit for kids?"

"You're thinking of Trix," Chuck jokes without skipping a beat.

He chuckles when he realizes that she's joking around. "Smartass," he mutters back, but not seriously. He takes another bite and doesn't even swallow before speaking again. "You know how much sugar is in this shit?"

Chuck shrugs. "That's what makes it good."

After a few more bites and some slurping of milk, Negan clears his plate and leans back on the sink to face Chuck. "You know, your mom's gonna fuckin' kill me for having you over here."

"I was the one that came over, so..." she shrugs.

"Somehow, I don't think that'll matter to her."

"Are you afraid of my mother?" Chuck smiles at the thought that her beta mom could scare Negan.

"Well, she did literally threaten to murder me."

Chuck's face falls. "She didn't."

"She did. Said she knew how to get away with fuckin' poisoning my ass."

Chuck looks down and shakes her head. She doesn't want her mother threatening anyone because of her.

"Cut her some slack, okay?" he says gently. "Honestly, if I was her, I'd've done the same fuckin' thing."

"That doesn't make me feel better."

"Why not?" Negan asks genuinely. "You got fuckin' people looking out for you."

Chuck sees that he really doesn't get it. "Because..." She clears her throat. "Because it makes me feel like I'm not in control of my own life."

"You can be in fuckin' control and still accept help."

"I guess." Chuck shrugs a shoulder.

"Look, honey," he pushes off the counter and takes a step toward Chuck. "Omegas..." He tries to think what exactly he wants to say. "Even though you're twenty five, you're newly fuckin' presented. Newly presented omegas are-"

She looks up at him with her big green eyes, waiting for his next words, but Negan cant finish his thought.

He lets out a sigh, instead. "This world can be a shitty fuckin' place for omegas. Still. And alphas sure as fuck can be dicks. And I'm not talking about hurt feelings, either. I'm talking about bodily fuckin' harm."

"Violence against omegas is illegal," she says innocently.

"I know, sweetheart. Doesn't mean it doesn't fuckin' happen. And it certainly doesn't fuckin' mean that alphas are charged every time they fuckin' should be. Alphas are fuckin' good at weaseling their way out of paying the consequences for their actions."