Chapter IV

It's been two days and nights since Thea and Olivia were kidnapped. As the owl hooted, everybody was peacefully sleeping. Feeling something on her arm, Thea woke up and sat up. Seeing a spider on her forearm, she gasped and killed it.

She lay back down, but she couldn't fall asleep, so she put on her Nikes, took her new Bible, and went outside. By the brightness of the night, she guessed it was about three in the morning. She walked down the path for a little while, trying to find out where the sound of the water came from. She finally found a small river, with many colorful trees. Thea sat down on the log not too far away from the river and sighed. So much has happened and she was tired of everything.

-God.-She whispered.-I know You're listening to me. You know how tired I am, how weak. I'm breaking apart and I don't really know what to do, how to stay strong. You have a special plan here, and I beg You, please help me trust and rely on You. If I did something wrong, please forgive me. I know that I have a horrible temper, please help me be patient, kind, and caring. Whatever happens, I know that You're with me. Thank You so much for keeping all of us safe. Please help me be the vessel You would like to use in people's lives. Thank You for all Your mercies. Thank You for everything. Please keep Mama and Papa safe. Please help with the problem of the debt. Whatever You do, help me always take it with thankfulness and humbleness. Please help me be the light in this world, that through me, many people may come to You, that through this, I may bring glory to Your Name. I Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.-She finished, wiping the tears that were running down her cheeks.

She opened the Bible and began reading. "But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, and I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, and people for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west; I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him."                                                       Isaiah 43:1-7 Thea's eyes watered with an amazing reminder. Since the sleep was running away from her, she began memorizing the verses, her heart full of God's promise.  After memorizing some of the verses in two hours, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

                                      ***

The birds chirped and Kai woke up. For some reason, today was a good sleep, not filled with nightmares like always. He yawned and got up. Quietly, he went outside, the sun blinding him through the trees. He closed his eyes and sighed, enjoying the light warmth. He went towards the cabin to check on the twins. Kai went inside and his heart nearly stopped when he didn't find Thea.

He ran outside and looked around. Walking around the cabins, he noticed footsteps and followed them. Trying not to panic,he walked faster, his heart beating faster.

He came to a halt when he saw a login the middle of the rocky field. Her head on her elbow, Thea was sleeping peacefully, with a light smile on her face.

Taking his sweatshirt off, he put it on Thea, who looked tiny in his sweatshirt. He noticed the Bible in her other hand, which was on her lap. Shaking his head, he picked her up, and carried her back. Kai was surprised that Thea was a heavy sleeper.

Since it was too high to put Thea on top of her bed, Kai put her on his. Thankfully, he had a separate cabin. After covering her with a blanket, he went to their "kitchen"and started making food.

Kai made a bowl of it, adding blueberries and bananas.He put it on his nightstand by his bed, and added a strong cup of coffee.Making breakfast for everybody else, he didn't notice as somebody came up from behind him.

-Thank you.-Thea said. At her voice, he tensed, and turned around.

-You should be thankful alright.-He said harshly. -I thought you ran away.-He added. Thea scoffed.

-You know, you can trust me. I didn't lie when I promised that I wouldn't run away.I keep my promises.-She said.

-What were you even doing there?-Kai asked.

-I woke up feeling something crawling. It was a spider. I couldn't fall asleep, so I went outside.I heard the river and tried to find it. After some alone time, I fell asleep.-She said.

-Sorry for making you worry.-She added.

-Oh, I didn't worry.-He said. -I just don't want to die for losing a prisoner.-He said.

-Still...-She whispered.-Sorry. And thank you the breakfast. That is exactly how I like my coffee, strong and smooth.-She smiled lightly. Kai simply nodded.

-Boss needs you alive and healthy.-He said.         
-Take this to your sister.-He gave a bowl with an egg and a piece of bacon.

-Alright. Thank you.-Thea smiled and took the plate, her fingers brushing his.

He flinched and turned around trying not to show his emotions.Last time he felt something for someone, they died. He can't repeat the same mistake again.