Chapter XVII

-Thank you. Everything was delicious.-Thea smiled after they finished eating.

 Amy smiled at her and nodded. After helping Amy with the dishes, both of the twins went upstairs to their room, as the men disappeared.

Thea braided Olivia's and her hair for pretty waves the next morning, and they both went to sleep.

Thea turned in her bed, getting annoyed by Olivia's light snores. Not being able to sleep, she put on her big glasses and went downstairs to the library, the hosts said they could use. 

She opened the big door and went inside. In awe, she looked around at the collection of millions of books. She passed a few rows and found some books that looked quite interesting.

After taking five or six thick books, she went over to the armchair by the window, with a little lamp on the nightstand.

Everything was silent, and you could only hear the grandfather clock tick-tock and the turning of pages every minute or so. After finishing the first book, Thea went to the second, and then the third, and then the fourth. After finishing all books within four hours, she went to look for one more before she went to sleep.

Thea looked around and noticed a very old and worn looking book but it was too high. Looking for something to step on, she pulled a little ladder and went up to take the book. As she grabbed the book she slipped. 

Everything went in slow motion. 

Waiting for the painful impact, Thea closed her eyes and winced. Right when she thought she was going to hit herself, she felt something around her back and legs. Opening her eyes, she met cold gray eyes.

-You alright?-Kai asked huskily.

Thea opened her mouth but nothing came out, so she just nodded.

-Why are you not sleeping?-He asked, still holding her in his arms.

-Couldn't fall asleep. –Thea replied. Kai nodded.

After a few seconds of staring at each other, Thea looked down.

-You can put me down now.-She said, her voice hoarse. 

Kai let her stand up and they both sort of coughed awkwardly breaking the silence.

Kai looked to the side and saw a book on the floor.

-You were trying to reach this?-He asked. Thea nodded and grabbed the book from his hands.

-Um, thanks.-She said quietly, fixing her glasses. Kai nodded.

-I'll go then. –He said. –Uh, enjoy reading.-He scratched the back of his neck.

-Thanks.-Thea whispered. Kai awkwardly nodded again and left.

After making sure Kai left, Thea let out a breath she was holding. Putting her hand on her chest, she tried to calm her heart down, sitting down on the armchair again. After reading a few chapters of the book, she slowly closed her eyes. The book fell from her hand to her lap and her head rolled on the side.

***

Kai gulped the second glass of water.

 Why did Thea have to be at the library during night? Why did she have to look adorable with a messy braid, glasses that fell on the tip of her nose, no makeup and a few spots on her cheeks? 

She looked so innocent and cute. She may not be have the perfect clear skin, but nevertheless, Kai hasn't seen anyone look so perfect.

After sorting his thoughts a little, he exited the kitchen, and started walking to his room. Passing the library, he stopped and put his ear to the door. There was no sound of rustling pages so he quietly opened the door.

He smiled when he saw Thea.

Her head was tilted on a side, her glasses dropped to the tip of her nose, and loose strands covered a little bit of her face. Her breathing was even and her face looked calm.

Kai went up to her and took the book from her lap, putting a bookmark where she stopped reading.

After putting the book by the lamp, he went to his room and came back with a light gray afghan blanket.

He covered her over with the blanket and put a little lavender pillow on the side, carefully lifting her head.

He took her glasses off and put them on top of the book.

After turning the lamp off, he glanced at Thea for a few seconds and went back to his room.

Smiling into his pillow, he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

A/N: Hey, guys! Sorry for the long update! Hope you enjoy this short chapter! <3