Chapter VI

Kai sighed. It's been two weeks since they kidnapped the women, and now Thea was lying on the ground, sighing heavily.

–Get up, Thea!-Kai yelled at her. She got up, holding on to her side. –You have to train!-He said.

–You never know when somebody will find and fight you; you have to be ready.-He said.

–I c-can't.-She panted. Kai's eyes narrowed.

–I didn't hit you until this time.-He said.- I'll have to slap or hit you so you'd train.-He said. Thea gaped at him.

–Fine, let me catch my breath.-She said, crouching down. Kai pushed her on the ground.            
-Get up!-He yelled. Thea groaned. Kai took a deep breath. He gathered his strength and slapped her. Thea cried out.

–What is wrong with you?-She asked, touching her cheek. She got up and started punching and hitting him back.

–You.-Hit.-Have.-Punch.-No.-Hit.-Right.-Hit.-To.-Punch.-Hit.-Punch.-Me.-She punched him hard in the face and he tumbled on the ground.

–Oh my, Kai, I am so sorry!-She cried out, watching Kai's nose bleed. –I didn't-She was interrupted by Kai.

–Good. You learn fast.-He said. She slapped his chest.                                                                                          –You wanted me to hit you like that! You did that on purpose!-She yelled at him.

Kai wiped his nose with his forearm. Thea ripped her shirt a little bit and pressed onto his nose. Kai tried not to look on the spot where her bare skin was shown.

–Thanks.-He said his voice hoarse. Thea smiled at him.

–I'm sorry.-She said. He shrugged it off.

–We'll be done for today.-Kai said. She nodded, leaving him in his thoughts. Oh, why is this woman in his thoughts all the time? Kai shrugged it off and went to wash his nose. He sighed.

He smiled lightly in his reflection. Thea did a good job. His nose was a little bit swollen; his eye was turning black, and his left side hurt a little bit.

Thea felt really bad as she walked away from Kai. She didn't mean to punch him that hard. That is not what a Christian woman does. She sighed, walking to her favorite spot. The river gurgled loudly, as she sat down on the log.

–God, I'm so sorry.-She said at loud. –I have such a hot temper; I don't know what to do. Please help be patient and obedient.-She whispered sighing.
-Amen.-She opened her eyes.

Thea stared at the river, not noticing somebody sat beside her.

–It's beautiful out here.-Ben said. She looked at him and nodded slowly.

–How did you find me?-Thea asked.

–Footsteps.-He smiled.

–Why are you here? -She asked. Ben shrugged.

–It doesn't matter.-He said. –I wanted to ask you something.-He said. Thea gave him a questioning look.

–Can I...um...borrow your...um Bible sometime?       -He asked.

Thea's eyes widened. Something inside of her fluttered happily. She gave him a gentle smile and nodded.

–Of course.-She said.

–Thanks. –He said awkwardly.

–If you want to, you can come here with me at like five in the morning, and we can read it together.-She said.

–Sure, that will be great.-He smiled.-Let's go before somebody thought wrong about this.-He said. Thea nodded smiling, accepting his hand. She stood up and let his hand go. They walked back, each thinking their own thing.

***

-Hey, are you alright?-Alex asked Olivia.

–What do you think?-She snapped lying on the ground. Alex helped her up.

–Ah!-She moaned.

–What happened?-He asked in concern. She pointed to her ankle. –You sprained your ankle?-He asked. She nodded in pain.

Alex smiled lightly, noticing how cute she looked with her forehead creased, and her nose scrunched up. He picked her up in his arms and carried her to the "kitchen". He put her down and gave her water. He looked for something cold and put in on her ankle.

–You'll be okay, don't worry.-He smiled lightly. Olivia looked at him.

–Thanks, jerk.-She said. Alex stifled a laugh.

–Jerk? Really?-He asked.

–Oh, I can call you a few words alright, but my Mother raised me better than that.-She said. At the mentioning of her mother, her eyes teared up.

–Hey, hey, hey.-Alex hugged her.-It's alright.-He said.-I miss my mother too.-He whispered in her hair. She cried against his chest, his arms around her back.

–What happened to yours?-Olivia asked, hiccuping. Alex squeezed his eyes.

–She was murdered.-He said. Olivia looked at him.

–I'm so sorry.-She whispered, hugging him. They sat there hugging, tears running down Olivia's cheeks, while Alex tried to maintain himself, as somebody cried silently with them, just standing in the doorway.

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short and a little cheesy, cliché, or just weird in total. I needed a filler, and well that's the only thing that came to my mind. Hope you enjoy!

Please don't forget to vote and comment! <3