Chapter XIX

After walking for at least an hour, Kai and Thea finally saw something that looked like a house. They came closer and knocked on the door.

-May I help you?-A man in his early thirties asked, after opening the door.

-Our car broke down and your house was the closest one we could find. Could you help us please?-Kai asked.

-How far away is your car?-The man asked.

-Um we walked for about an hour...so...-Thea said a little bit uncomfortably.

The man looked at her curiously. Which was something Kai didn't like.

-Alright. Let me grab my keys and we'll search your car and figure something out.-The man said.

-Thank you so much, Sir. –Thea smiled.

-Call me Hank.-He smiled back. –What are your names?-He asked.

-Th-Thea started saying, but Kai cut her off.

-She's Thora and I'm Blake.-He lied.

-Thora?-Hank's eyebrows went up.

-Uh yeah? My parents liked the name Thor but I was born a girl so they changed it a bit. –Thea said, trying to sound convincing.

Hank laughed.

-Well let's go; I'll be there in a sec.-He said and disappeared behind the door.

-Thora?-Seriously?-Thea jabbed her elbow in Kai's side. He winced lightly.

-You started saying Thea so I had to think of something that would somewhat match. –Kai shrugged. –You worked it out, so we good.-He added.

Thea huffed and followed him as Hank came two seconds later with keys in his hands.

-You guys ready?-He asked. Thea and Kai nodded. Hank unlocked the car and Kai sat at the front with Hank as Thea sat in the back.

-Just keep going straight until you see a car.-Kai said after a few minutes of silent driving.

-What were you guys doing here so far away from the city?-Hank asked.

-Just going for a ride to clear our heads.-Kai replied.

-Where are you guys from?-Hank asked.

-Manchester.-Kai replied.

-That's pretty far away from here. That must've been a really long drive. –Hank said. Kai nodded.

After driving for almost thirty minutes, they noticed a car parked in the distance.

-Is that the one?-Hank asked.

-Mhm.-Kai hummed.

Since the car was on the other side, Hank made a U-turn and pulled over right behind their car.

-Let's see. You know what's wrong with it? –Hank asked.

-I think we have a blown cylinder head gasket. –Kai.-I think the radiator hose needs to be replaced.-He added.

-You're a mechanic?-Hank asked.

-Was about to become one but the circumstances didn't let.-Kai said.

Thea shot him a glare and he looked away.

-Then let's tow it back to my place; I might have something to be able to fix it.-Hank said.

-Thank you.-Kai nodded.

After they got back to Hank's place, Thea went inside to use the bathroom as the men started fixing the car.

Hank's house was very simple and very clean surprisingly. Thea quickly did her business and went outside after washing her hands.

-You two must be hungry. –Hank said.-Give me a minute I'll reheat some lasagna.-He said.

-It'd alright, thank you.-Kai said. –We have to be back home in an hour.-He added.

-You still need to eat.-Hank replied and disappeared inside his house.

Thea helped Kai finish everything up, as Hank brought out a plate with some sandwiches and hot tea.

-It's not much, but you two should fill your stomachs before you leave.-He said.

Kai and Thea each took one and nodded gratefully, taking a big bite.

-Thank you. –Thea smiled at him. Hank smiled back and nodded.

-Did you fix the car?-Hank asked Kai.

Kai swallowed the piece.

-Yeah, almost. Just a few minutes and the car should be good.-He said.

Hank nodded.

-Alrighty then. –Hank sort of said awkwardly.-You, uh, need any help with, um, anything?-He asked.

-I'm good, thanks.-Kai said, finishing his sandwich. He finished his tea and went to the car to finish it up.

Thea thanked Hank for the food and gave him her cup before going to help Kai.

After they finished, they thanked Hank again and went home.

-Aren't we going to meet up the guys?-Thea asked.

-They're all probably home by now. –Kai said.

Thea slumped in the front seat.

-Can I turn some music on?-She asked.

-Go for it.-Kai said, nodding.

Thea turned on some radio station and closed her eyes, smiling lightly.

***

Kai glanced at Thea again. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was even. He scoffed at how easy she fell asleep.

He drove for around two hours and he finally parked the car in front of the house. There were no other cars so no one was home.

Not wanting to wake Thea up, Kai quietly unbuckled her and carefully took her bridal style.

He opened the door and carried her upstairs to her room.

He carefully put her on her bed and he put the blanket over her.

As he barely touched her chin with the blanket, all of the sudden Thea's arm was around his neck and his face barely touching her face.

His breathing stopped and his heart started to pound faster.

Kai tried to get out of her grasp, but she rolled over to the side and he fell on top of her.

Thea opened her eyes.

A/N: Sorry, guys, for not updating as often as I should've. Here's another chapter, hope you like it. Next update will might be next week, otherwise after March. I have a lot of school and stuff going on, so please bare with me.

Hope you're having an amazing day so far!!! <3