o n e

"You are going to Philippines." I hear father say. We are currently here inside of his study room. I am seated on a couch colored like a blood. While he, my father, is seated on a black swivel chair, lacing his hands loosely on his table in front.

If I were to explain why I am here, well a while ago, I was in my room and reading a literature book entitled The Setting Sun, written by a litterateur named Osamu Dazai.

And suddenly, a couple of knocks on my door echoes to my room. My focus on reading was cut and just allowed the person to come inside.

The butler showed up with his head angled down as his sign for respect. "Lady, your father wants your presence inside his study room." and he stated with an utmost casualness.

I put my book down and eyed the butler with my normal look—cold and blank. "I understand. You may now go."

As I gave my command, the butler bowed his head again before leaving my room.

The butler was referring to my father. He said that my father was seeking my presence, then I must follow. I rose up where I was seated and led myself where his study room was. Walking directly, I was thinking why he wanted to meet me. My father was a very busy person. His time for us was very limited.

It was a rare occasion to be summoned this time.

I reached the door of the study room and knocked on the door first. I heard his permission to let me in. I went inside and greeted him secondly. He nodded his head. That was my cue to make my way to the couch for me to sit.

"What is it, Dad?" I query with a sleepy voice. Even though everything was very formal, calling him 'dad' is allowed.

"You are going to Philippines." Without any traces of emotions to his voice, he said it in straight face.

"W-What?" I utter in surprise, frowning my eyebrows.

"You heard me correctly, Your Highness." Now he says calmly, leaning back on his swivel chair.

"I mean, why?" I inquire, exhaling a confused breath, "Is there something wrong going on here, Dad?" and say, not hiding the puzzled look painted all over my face.

"There's nothing wrong here." he answers now with a kind expression. "But your life is."

I can't help but to smirk. "I don't want to hear that from you."

My life is wrong? Well, sure it is. Since I was born, my life is already screwed. And how funny, there is no escape from this.

"I know, child. And there's no way I can atone for my sins." he speaks, "But for now, we want you to live normally."

Normally?

"Isn't this my normal life? Living with my blades and sins?" I object his reason. A futile one.

"Listen, lass." my Dad requests me to, standing up from his chair and heaves a deep sigh. "I know that you are too young for this." then he walks to my whereabout. He goes behind me and I just sense his hand on my head, caressing it so dearly. "Forgive me, Miracle, for letting you be responsible for all my sins on your tiny shoulders. I am forever indebted to you."

"Dad, don't worry." I say in a low voice as I gaze down, "I don't mind. I don't mind any of it. Whether it is your sin, or even mother's sin, I will carry all of it."

"No," my father's stern answer. Then he removes his hand on me and goes to the window fixed nearby. "The reason why I am sending you back to the Philippines because I want you to have some peace."

"Why ordering me now that? Again, I question him. "Dad, ever since, it is always like this. As if, I could change everything now with your decision."

"Trust, my daughter, you can still." he answers, "Even once in your life, you would like to experience to live without this bloodshed."

I only sigh. There's no way for me to win this argument to him.

"Miracle," my idles drift away when he calls me again, "let's have a deal."

"What is that?" I return, lining my sights to him who is watching the night sky. Coincidentally, the full moon is here again tonight.

"Try living a new different life, and if ever you never wanted it, you are always free to go back here to live with your missions," my father states with his usual, bland voice. "However, if the world changed, free to live with it."

I understand what he means. Well, I guess, I'll give it a try.

↭ ♡ ↭

i know it is short, but yeah.

- handtheirend -