f o r t y - o n e

↭ ♡ ↭

∽ m i r a c l e ' s  p e r s p e c t i v e ∽

I'm currently inside the hospital.

Gladly, a kind married couple offers us a help for Chance to get to the hospital. And the good thing is, they are both neurologists. We meet them on the street, where the incident happened. It was a coincidence that they were crossing the road at that place. But I'm thankful for it.

I've already called Chance's sister, informing her that Chance got injured because of the incident.

And it is my fault. Everything is my entire fault. I am the one who should be inside the operating room. I am the one who should be bleeding. It should be on me.

I have the feeling that this is planned. Not an accident. If this incident is caused by the other Mafias, then this is the declaration of war. They've pulled the trigger first, and I have no choice but wield my sword.

I will hunt them and make them pay for the damage they have caused.

"Nat." I hear Ate Marielle's voice beside me. Because of my deep thoughts, I never noticed that she's already here.

I stand up immediately and bow my head. "I'm sorry." The first thing I say. "It's all my fault. Please blame everything to me."

"Nat," she calls my name in a soothing tone and suddenly embraces me. "It must have been hard for you, but believe me when I say that it is not your fault."

"But, because of me, Chance is not fine."

"I'm sure he'll be fine." She answers while patting my back. "Trust Chance, Natsumi. My younger brother took the crash because he's confident that he will survive. A simple car accident won't kill him."

I never mind replying to her kind words, but to smile weakly. Her words are comforting and light. Even her caresses; her hands feels like an angel is near me. Chance have a nice sister.

"Also, Nat." She adds, "If Chance couldn't save from that scene, I would kill him myself."

I chuckle. "Please don't be like that." I say, resting my head to her shoulder. I'm tired. "Thank you, the weights on my shoulder are gone."

"No biggies, Natsumi. After all, you're like a little sister to me now."

"I appreciate that." I reply.

A few moments, the doctor comes outside and brings a good news. She tells that Chance's status is stable. Then they moved Chance inside a private room.

"Ayaw mo munang umuwi?" Ate Marielle asks me as we enter the private room. "Para makapagbihis ka."

I check myself. As I look to my form, blood is strewed on my uniform. It's Chance's blood. How pitiful. I wonder, how much blood that Chance shed?

I shake my head. "I'll stay." And give her a convincing grin.

She sighs, "Okay, then. Ako na lang ang uuwi. Ipagdadala na lang kita ng damit, ha?"

I grin, "I'm grateful for your benevolence." and bow, showing my sincere gratitude. "And I apologize for all the trouble I've caused to your family."

"You don't need to bow, Nat." She says, "I'm only doing a simple thing."

"I'm sorry. It became my habbit."

"You're saying sorry too much."

"Sorry." I simply answer.

"Natsumi?" Ate Marielle laughs, "You're funny. But anyway, I have to leave."