t h i r t y - f i v e

↭ ♡ ↭

∽ m i r a c l e ' s  p e r s p e c t i v e ∽

Beat, beat, drop, drop.

I can hear my own heart beating.

Beat, beat, drop, drop.

If I can hear them, then I'm still alive.

Beat, beat, drop, drop.

As my heart palpitates, I'm now hearing footsteps on the ground.

Suddenly, the door opens. A man comes inside. He sits on the chair beside me; holds my hand and brushes my knuckles with his thumb.

"How are you?" He asks in a low, soft voice.

I do not answer him back. I'm just here, staring blankly at him.

I hear him sighs, looking at me with those silver-gray ice orbs. "How long will you going to ignore me?"

Ignoring who?

"I'm with you right now, but you're not talking to me."

I don't need it. It's pointless.

"I miss you, Miracle. Please come back." He's still talking and I'm just listening numbly to him.

"I don't understand why you're avoiding me. Please tell me, what do I need to do?"

He holds my hand as he squeezes it gently. He bows down, feeling the tip of his nose on my knuckles. Nuzzling it, my hand senses a light kiss coming from him. "But one thing I can promise you, Miracle." I see him leaning to my face while stroking my hair with his soft and warm fingertips. "As long as I can wait, I'll wait for you."

He pauses a bit. I think, he's frustrated about what's happening in his life. When he gives up with his thought, he ends up putting his forehead to mine—leaving a small gap between our faces.

"Hey, listen to me." He speaks in a desperate tone. And then, he said something that I never caught. What does he say? Can he please repeat it?

Still no reaction, I stay silent and reserved.

"Goodbye for now." he added. Lowering his head, he gives me a longing kiss on the forehead.

"Chance." I call as I open my eyes.

But I ended up appalled. Hindi si Chance ang nakita ko, kundi si Kuya Mike.

"Little girl, you're awake." He greets while smiling.

"Ah, yeah." I reply as I sit properly and notice that I'm confined in the hospital.

"You little brat." Kuya Mike suddenly hisses.

"What?" I complain, having my eyebrows furrowed.

He looms closer to me and kisses my forehead. "You made us all worry."

"I'm sorry, Kuya." I nod my head down apologetically.

"Well, your safety is all that matters." Kuya Mike composes himself and sits on the chair.

I see him grabs a bowl and hands it to me. I take the bowl. I peep inside the bowl and it surprises me seeing strawberries.

"Wah!~" I say in awe and imagine myself having eyes that forms into pink-colored hearts as my mouth drools.

This is a rare reaction coming from me.

"Missing Chance?" Kuya Mike questions in the middle of my fascination with the berries.