t h i r t y

↭ ♡ ↭

∽ m i r a c l e ' s  p e r s p e c t i v e ∽

"M-Mom, D-Dad." I say as I bow my head, paying my respect. "You both surprised me."

"That's good to know." Dad replies and I only smile a bit. "I can see that you have a visitor." Then he asks, gazing at Chance.

"Ah, no. It's Kuya Mike's visitor." I deny. Well, he really is Kuya Mike's visitor.

"Really?" Dad says, "Mikhail, why don't you introduce your visitor?"

Kuya Mike only taps Chance's shoulder, telling him to introduce himself.

Chance composes himself and gains some nerves, "Good afternoon, sir and ma'am. I'm Chance Cain, a classmate of her." and he introduces slightly stuttering, and feels kinda hesitant to call my name in front of my parents.

"You are a friend of Miracle, you mean?" my father corrected.

"Right, sir."

I went beside Mom and she gave me a longing kiss on my forehead. "I missed you, Miracle." my mother says to me with gentle eyes.

I nod my head slightly down and offer her a shy grin. Only Mom can make me feel soft. I am closed to my mother more than my father. In her presence, I can show her my fragile moments. I can cry to her.

Opposite to Dad, she tried to object to make me a reaper and insisted to stay as a human. But my Dad didn't allow it.

"Siya ba ang kinukwento ni Mike sa amin, Miracle?" My Mom asks me quietly.

"Opo,"

"I see." Mom says while smiling, teasing me.

I know what she means. Even her.

"Now," I hear Dad say. "And Chance, can I talk to you for a while?"

I got alarmed. What does he want to him? What is he planning? I questionably stare at Dad. He chuckles at my reaction and he just pats my head.

"Sure, Mister Twain." Chance formally replies.

"Come. In my study room." Dad remarks in low calm voice and starts walking. Then Chance follows him until they leaves the foyer area.

"It can't be helped," says Mom, "Your Dad is just worried about you."

I nod my head. She is right. Dad is a strict person, but when something happened that matters the family, he will be the first one to make a move on how to protect us. I understand that everything that he have done is only for our sake. I'm grateful for it. That is the reason why I can't disobey him.

Instead of worrying about what Dad may say to Chance, I'll finish this through eating. Mom cooked for our lunch.

After a minute, Kuya Mike comes, "Hi, baby girl." and greets while sitting beside me. He is now wearing a V-neck shirt and a khaki short.

"Yo." I return.

"So, do you mind if you tell the story?" he gives me a sideward grin.

"Well . . . if you are pertaining about what happened last night, it was just coincidental." I answer. "Chance was with Nate when he was about to leave, then Nate ordered Chance to take care of me."

"Really, huh?" Kuya Mike says incredulously, "When did Chance discover all the truths about you?"

"Only yesterday."