Chapter 27

NightClaw's POV

"We were over here, they went into the trees. I'm pretty sure it was this direction... no maybe it was north actually- I'm not sure.." Paya trailed off as she looked around the forest, clicking her mandibles disappointedly. After Paya had fully recovered from her injuries, Dachande had brought her out to try and help them find Catherine.

The group had found a badblood camp about a week earlier, though it was for the most part abandoned. For the most part it was. In that camp they had found ooman, men, women and lou's who had obviously been taken from Earth years before. Almost all of them had some form of injury, and as they had taken them back to the clan some had died through the past week.

NightClaw had only been returning from a hunt and search to see Paya out with Dachande, Gwan and a few other Yautja. He nodded respectfully to them as he passed, hearing the disappointment in Paya's voice. "Don't worry Paya, it'll come to you eventually." He said in a reassuring manner to the Yautja, who smiled at him. "Thank you NightClaw, I've been trying to remember some important details."

He continued on his way back to the clan, dragging behind him the prey he had hunted for the day. The Yautja had been out hunting for two days now, he wanted to spend as much time out of the camp looking for Catherine as he could. NightClaw left the prey with the Yautja that harvested the meat, going to the medical bay. When the group that raided the abandoned camp brought the oomans back, not many Yautja were eager to help them.

So he had volunteered and Gwan wanted him in there a lot to look after the oomans. His job mainly was to give them food, try and keep the Lou's calm and treat some of the more minor wounds. He came into the makeshift tent they had made to see the oomans inside, for the most part they were very frightened of the Yautja. As he did some looked at him and he could see the fear that struck them, it was sad what some of the clans did to them.

Using the oomans as cattle and punching bags, they are intelligent beings like Yautja- shouldn't they be treated better? Though he couldn't exactly argue, oomans thought they could control Yautja in captivity- they were wrong. He dismissed his thoughts as he grabbed the food he needed to give to them. NightClaw kept his mask on as it seemed most of them were uncomfortable around a Yautja's face.

Anyways the Yautja came to the first oomans and handed them some of the food, some took it gratefully while some did so reluctantly, some didn't even make a move to the food. He then came to the small group of children he was giving food to, for the most part they were comfortable around Yautja since they looked like them. NightClaw could see some of them approach him, for whatever reason Gwan said they seemed to like him more then the other Yautja.

He clicked his mandibles as a few of the other children, who also carried mandibles mimicked what he did. He smiled under his mask as he set the food down, next was making sure their injuries would heal correctly. NightClaw grabbed one of the med-kits from the counter and came back to the oomans, checking over their injuries.

"Does your arm still hurt?" He asked the male ooman as he turned over their arm, the ooman wasn't looking at him. "No it's fine." NightClaw looked at him and pressed down on a certain spot, the male flinched and pulled his arm back. "Sure it doesn't hurt?" He grumbled which the male crossed his arms.

"Just a little bit." NightClaw takes out a needle with some pain killers and gave it to the male. "Don't move your arm around too much, it's still healing." He said and stands up, having the male start talking to someone else in a hushed voice. As he did so he was alerted by Gwan entering the room.