Chapter 5

Olivia sat next to Ron and Harry as they played Wizards Chest. She had her head down; her arm ached as she bent it and started to use it more and more. Olivia finally lifted her head as she tried to get a good long breath with out coughing. 

Ron and Harry could hear Liv's ragged breathing. "Liv I think you should go to the hospital wing." Ron said looking up from the chest board to where the now 11-year-old sat. She waved him off again. 

"I can't! I don't want my dad to worry." She rasped before going into a coughing fit. Harry felt bad for Olivia, she never wanted to show how much pain she was in to other people. Most of the Ravenclaws had gone home, but she was staying this year.

That one of Olivia's many flaws, she hid her pain from the people she loved, just to make sure they don't worry about her.  "Well we're staying over the holiday so we can keep an eye on you," Harry said as he rested a hand on her shoulder. She scooted closer to Harry and cuddled into his side. 

"Happy Christmas, Happy Christmas, ring the Hogwarts bell. Happy Christmas, Happy Christmas." The ghosts sang as Hermione approached the empty tables, wheeling a cart. Hermione looked at the two cuddling and started thinking, but she shook it off. They were only 11, why would she be thinking that?

Hermione walked over to Ron, Harry, and Olivia. Ron and Harry were still playing chess. "Knight to E-5." Harry said and the piece moves across the board. Olivia rolled her eyes, Harry had made the wrong move.

Olivia watched as Ron took a moment, looking at the whole board. She could see him looking at every piece and she was in pressed. "Queen to E-5," Ron said and the queen walked over to E-5 and clinked the knight away.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione gasped as she watched. Olivia thought she was being overdramatic, but them she remembered that she came from a muggle family. 

"That's wizard's chess. I see you've packed." Olivia stated and Hermione looked at her alarmed. Her face was pale and her eyes looked sunken in with black circles around them.

"See you haven't. Are you feeling ok Olivia?" Hermione asked as Olivia smiled softly.

"Im fine thanks for asking." Olivia mumbled low enough for her little group to hear, as see saw her father walk into the room. Her hair changed along with her skin look. She looked healthier, the three looked at her with wide eyes. 

If she could do that anytime she wanted why didn't she do it all the time? Once Snape walked past and started doing something else, Olivia dropped her facade.

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there!" Ron answered her with a smile. The other looked over to her, seeing she was back to looking sickly.

"Tell Charlie I said I Ron, he's been on of the people I miss the most." Olivia told Ron, who nodded and tapped the side of his head.

"Good. You can help Harry, then. He's going to go the library for information on Nicholas Flamel. And you can keep an eye on our sick friend." Olivia looked at Hermione and rolled here eyes.

"I'm fine."

"We've looked a hundred times!" Ron whined as Olivia mumbled that she was fine. Hermione shook her head at her two friends.

"Not in the restricted section...Happy Christmas," She said before waking off. 

 "I think we've had a bad influence on her." Ron muttered and Olivia nodded.

"Agreed." The younger one said and the two boys frowned at her. 

——— 

"Dad stop worrying I'm ok." The girl wheezed and Snape shook his head. Olivia forgot to bring her facade up and Snape found her looking sick.