Chapter 11

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me?" A bunch of yes's were yelled. "Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions for full details, see my published works."  The boy next to Harry turned towards the three.

Draco and Olivia walked into and looked around. The two smirked at each other before pushing their way to the front.

"That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap." The boy said as he offered his hand to Harry. "Justin Finch-Fletchley. Hufflepuff." Justin told Harry who shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm --" Justin cut Harry off.

"I know who you are. We all do. Even us Muggle-borns." Justin grinned agreeably before looking back to the stage, where Professor Snape has joined Lockhart.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!" Olivia started laughing out loud as she saw the look on her fathers face.

Draco laughed along with her. 

"What's the fun in that?" Ron asked as Lockhart and Snape face each other and bowed. They turned, walk ten paces, then spun wands poised like swords.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course." Lockhart told the crowd of kids.

"I wouldn't bet on that." Harry said with his eyes trained on Snape as Olivia slapped his shoulder. Harry jumped and turned to see his sister next to him.

"Oi! My father will not hurt him." Olivia rolled her eyes as she watched the two teachers.

"One-two-three --" Lockhart counted down.

"Expelliarmus!" A dazzling flash of scarlet light bursted forth and blasted Lockhart off his feet and into the wall behind.

"Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asked concerned as she watched Lockhart look around dazed.

"Who cares?" Ron, Harry, and Olivia asked at the same time.

"Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." Lockhart said as he stood up unsteadily. Hermione grabbed his wand and handed it to Lockhart.

"Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy." Lockhart ranted and Olivia giggled at the rambling teacher.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape snapped at Lockhart as he looked over the crowd of students.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Olivia, Granger." The two girls look at each other before hopping on the stage. 

"This is going to be fun." Harry whispered to Ron as the two girls bow to each other. The walked ten paces before turning around. Everyone watched the two witches with wide eyes, wonder what spell they will use.

"Confundus!" Hermione yelled and Olivia dodged it without a thought.

"Come on Granger! Locomotor Mortis!" They spell hit Hermione and Olivia smirked at her.