Part 2

Fuyu Soji x Dabi

Retention- Ch.2

Her fingers drummed against the desk in the office, the female seeming too lost in thought to really notice how the looks of others seemed to linger on her for more than usual. She sighed softly, eyes moving towards the window near her workspace.

Outside people moved through the streets, not knowing that a hero was watching them from the safety of her own little office square. The paperwork on her desk being ignored since she came in that morning and seeming to not be in any rush to get done with.

Fuyu puffed out her cheeks, the new memory inside of her head playing once more. The film-like thought playing over and over again until she was sure she could write it down and then send it off to be made into an actual short film. But then again, she was sure the person she had accidentally taken it from would not be so happy if she did.

She was curious though... seeing as this memory was rather personal, why Dabi hadn't come and sought her out again. Until last time... he didn't track her down once noticing that such a foul memory was no longer in his head. Sure last time involved some part of his quirk, but Fuyu would have assumed he'd be just as upset that his memory was taken.

Unless of course, he would rather not have it. It did make sense, seeing as she wasn't too happy about having it either. The image of a young and hurt child now ingrained into her head was rather unpleasant... so she wouldn't exactly blame him for not coming back for his memory.

And yet... Fuyu was almost positive that this was not the case at all... almost like this memory was one of many. One that the villainous male would not have noticed if it went away due to how many of them he had. Despite not knowing him, something in her gut said that this reason was more logical than any other idea she might have had.

Fuyu sighed, pushing herself out of the desk. Her rolling chair moving a few inches as she moved to swing her head off the back and then spread her arms and legs out. Her eyes wandered up to a figure that was standing by her desk, the rescue hero almost sitting up right away upon seeing her boss watching her.

"You seem out of it today, Soji-san." The elder hero spoke, pinching her temple. "Did something happen that I should be aware of?"

The female quickly shook her head, her locks bouncing as she did so. "N-no, ma'am! I-I just had some trouble sleeping last night and have been a bit distracted lately."

"Another new season of anime started this week... didn't it?" Her boss sighed, knowing her employee's one and only weakness. "At least try to not stay up too late tonight... or get too involved in the story just yet... the seasons just started after all, and most will disappoint you anyway."

Fuyu chuckled awkwardly, nodding along as her boss gave her a sly smile before wandering off. Fuyu was glad to have been picked up by her rescue agency, her boss was always the type to give that tender love and care but also not be afraid to push her to be the best. It made her happy to come to work each day and excited to work under one of the best rescue heroes of them all.

But now seeing as it was only a few hours until it was time to check out for the day, the female decided that it was about time she did her write up of the last event she had helped in. But even as her pen slid across the page and she recounted the number of civilians she was able to get out of harm's way from that Nomu and Dabi... she couldn't bring herself to write about how she had run into one of the two.

Her eyes closed together tightly as she finished the report, a part of her glad to not have to admit she worked together with the male in order to get back what they both accidentally exchanged... but another part of her wishing she had. Her gut telling her this would only lead to trouble covering for him, but her head with that new memory intact only saying how it was better this way... that Dabi deserved a break.