Part 20

Part 20

The first aid kit was practically new, seeing as anytime Fuyu had been injured with anything in the workplace, Fatgum would not allow her to just go home. She'd be treated at the nearest hospital and then sent on her way back home.

So as she had set Dabi onto the couch and cracked open the unused kit, she knew how important this moment truly was. He was bleeding and was starting to look pale. She had no idea where these injuries had come from, or where he had come from... but that all could wait until later.

She was quick, her occupation as a rescue hero making it so that she knew exactly how to help with injuries like this and what order to treat them. The best she could do at this moment was to find the deepest injury and stitch it up as best she could.

And thus the long and sweat enducing procedure began. Fuyu's delicate hands moving and stitching up Dabi as best she could. The scars and burns on him making it difficult at times to find the wounds, but she couldn't give in to that voice in her saying this was hopeless.

It wasn't like she could wander into a hospital with him. There would be immediate recognition of the infamous League of Villains member and then would come the numerous officials and heroes... and their questions.

She had to do this here, there was really no other choice. She had to stitch him up and administer the medicine here. And... maybe she could also exchange a little bit of his pain for her own health. It was risky and if she took too much that meant she would end up passed out as well or in so much pain she'd be unable to hold the needle straight enough to do a proper job.

"Please... listen to me and work for once." Fuyu breathed out slowly, pressing her hand to the top of Dabi's head and inhaling a deep breath.

It came slowly, but the exchange her quirk allowed to do seemed to actually be working. And then, came the gradual increase of pain in her side. The same place where Dabi's worst injury was. She squinted her eyes in pain, letting out a sharp gasp as it suddenly increased and she was forced to remove her hand from him.

No longer he passed out... this single injury was a nasty one and she didn't like it at all. But... she had done it to help him. To save him. To see him wake and smirking at her with that shit eating grin again.

That's all that mattered to her at this moment and so long as she could at least get him stabilized and sleeping with less pain... then she would know she at least wasn't worthless as a rescue hero.

Or as a girlfriend who was trusted by the male.

And thus, Fuyu started again. Stitching, cleaning, treating, and wrapping up every little injury on him and making sure his face wasn't as contorted in its unconscious state as it had once been.

It took her a few hours, but by the time she had finally finished... her goal seemed to have at least been met. Dabi's face was resting peacefully and his breathing was somewhat normal once again.

Now all she could do was take a seat on the floor next to where he felt on the couch and wait. Wait for him to wake up... and wake for her heart to stop pounding like no tomorrow.

Dawn couldn't come soon enough, and bring the new day with it.

~~~~~

She didn't sleep at all that night, instead, hovering over her couch often and sitting on the floor watching some anime or game show that came on just for the hell of it. The only lights in the room being from the tv and the small tableside lamp she had left on.

It was dead silent for what felt like eons, yet the sun still had not decided to rise again. And as the hours passed, Fuyu couldn't help but wonder what time it was and exactly when it would be that the orb would glide through the sky once more and eliminate the darkness again for a few hours.