Part 21 (NSFW)

Part 21

A week went by faster then either Dabi or Fuyu knew. The general healing process, as well as Fuyu's occasional comments before she left for work in the mornings being how her 'injured bird' better not take off before letting her see. Dabi understanding her coded message, and not feeling any real desire to get up off the cough he had planted his roots into during the days he spent here.

Fuyu's work was none the wiser as always and her neighbors were never the type to bother her, not even for that stereotypical cup of sugar, thus, she was confident that if Dabi stayed at her place for this long period of time and as long as she didn't raise any suspicious they were both pretty much home free.

And thus, the week went by rather quickly. Fuyu doing all she could at work, seeing as winter brought plenty of emergency situations for rescue heroes. At least at the end of the day... she didn't need to rescue Christmas like all the terrible anime movies tried to do. Instead, she helped put out a few fires, get people out of accidents, and even helped find a lost child in a department store on her day off. The usual antics of being a rescue hero she supposed.

But once she was home and with her winter break from work coming up sooner and sooner she was looking forward to just relaxing at home, going to see her mother at her shop, and maybe donate a few toys to the local foster homes. And well... also, spend it with the flaming couch potato.

Speaking of him, it appeared his injuries had healed enough for him to actually move around now. And as Fuyu entered her home and inhaled the scent of what could only be described as hamburger steaks. Along with some fried rice and... was that miso soup?

"You can cook?" Fuyu deadpanned, looking at the glorious spread across her table.

"I wonder what sort of hack you take me for..." Dabi chuckled. "But yes... when you run away from home, you tend to pick up on skills needed to survive... like how to cook."

Fuyu hummed, putting her work bag down by her chair and inhaling the scent of warm cooked food once more. Dabi rose a brow at her, pointing back to the bedroom before Fuyu could collapse onto the chair and dig in.

"Go and get changed out of that hero costume and into something more lazy and comfortable." Dabi instructed her.

Fuyu smirked. "For my sake, or for yours?"

"If you value your life... you looking like a hero for the least amount of time around me will mean your chances of seeing tomorrow only increase." Dabi growled a bit.

"Oh so scary~" Fuyu cooed, knowing now he'd never do anything to hurt her. Especially after the things he had confessed to her this week and how soft this cruel and callous villain could be toward the people he deemed worthy to see his other self underneath.

Fuyu made her way back and started to change as told. A large sweatshirt and some yoga pants for her. Not a typical outfit, but enough for her to feel rather relaxed in her own home and around her boyfriend. Especially when he had been so domestic today and cooked for her.

She emerged in the changed clothing after about five minutes, catching onto Dabi placing down two glasses of wine as she scooted into her chair and smiled toward him. He rose a brow at her and then sat down himself. The two shared thanks for the deal and then began to eat it with gleeful and hearty expressions.

"So good." Fuyu muttered, smiling happily. "You might be put on permanent cooking duty now, Touya."

"I'm that good huh?" He chuckled. "Though... there was really no competition since I was against you."