Part 13

Part 13

It was pretty much perfect. The red that had earlier been peaking through his roots were now painted over with the black he had grown familiar with. A part of him glad he had chosen the right person to do this task, as Dabi was sure he would have messed up the task himself.

But the dark-haired female who owned the apartment he was currently resting had proven herself more than capable of dying hair. Her list of skills and admirable traits growing with each interaction he had with her.

The male was currently resting against her couch, looking up towards the ceiling. There was nothing eye-catching about it, but it wasn't the ceiling he was really paying attention to. Rather he was giving his eyes something to stare at while his ears were picking up on the sounds of Fuyu in the kitchen. His full attention on trying to figure out what she was doing.

The sounds of running water had ended minutes ago. Meaning she had finished cleaning the supplies she used to dye his hair darker, but left him wondering what she was doing now.

Her cell phone was resting on the coffee table next to him, so he knew he had nothing worry about in the idea of heroes suddenly showing up to arrest him. Plus, Fuyu had seemed more than willing to let him come over today. Something about the tone fo her voice when she said she'd be willing to help him with his hair issue, a certain softness in it. Almost like she was worried about someone hearing him... or maybe it was shyness.

Dabi couldn't be sure... as he wasn't exactly someone who was entirely in sync with his own emotions. Ask him how he felt about his siblings or his mother... and well, you'd get a pretty complicated answer out of him. Hatred towards his father was nothing to internally debate about... but his other family members were. He had settled for destroyed everything his father worked for long ago though, and they fell under that category... so no turning back or trying to further figure it out now he supposed.

But back to the female who had caught his eyes, he was also very sure of his feelings towards her. Never before had he felt the way he did to her. He was almost embarrassed to admit he had it wrong for the first few encounters, but that kiss had really made things clear. And now he was glad to be here... and be with her.

But her own emotions were still foreign to him. She seemed to be on good terms with him, but it was no doubt weighing down on her more then it did on him. After all, the villains would be upset at first of they heard of this, but Dabi was sure he could handle them if they attempted to harm him or her.

For Fuyu... it was much more of a risk. She could lose her job, be made into a villain herself, and even be facing some serious charges. He didn't want her to get into any more trouble due to him, the injuries on her body were enough to make his anger boil towards himself and past actions.

So when she had closed the blinds on the windows when he came over... he really couldn't blame her. Even being seen with him at this point would raise some suspicious towards her. He and she had been spotted together one too many times at this point, thus extra precautions had to be taken.

Plus with the winter months now here... no one would really look further into Fuyu's decision to close her blinds than to keep the heat and light in her home and keep the darkness and cold out. She was clever... another reason why she was so intriguing to him.

Dabi pushed himself up onto his feet, looking towards the fireplace that was a few feet away from him. His eyes narrowing slowly as an idea came to him. He moved towards it and opened the glass door. His fingers moving towards a few pieces of wood that Fuyu must have bought a few days ago and left for when she decided she wanted to make a fire.