Part 11

Part 11

She had known what it meant for the noise to occur for a long time. That if it was a loud slam followed by a voice that was not her mother... that she needed to stop whatever she was doing and hide.

And so, despite the homework, she was trying to complete for her teacher... the letters of her name could wait until this moment passed. And thus, grabbing the worn-out stuffed animal and shoving her items into a random drawer, the small female made a run for the one place he would not find her.

The sounds of the front door slamming and his thundering footsteps was enough for her to know who had arrived back home. The crusty apartment fell into a deep silence, aside from his footsteps as he came up the hallway.

The small girl wasted no time quickly dashing into the small closest her mother and her shared. Taking the small little bear with her, and shutting the door as quietly as she could. Her hands clasping the bear as she shook in fear. Her lips forced shut as she tried not to mutter a sound that would give her away

His steps arrived in the room, looking around. She could hear him coming closer, muttering words she didn't understand yet under his breath. Her teeth sinking into her lips to hush her further and her shaking body now frozen in fear.

"Hey brat... where are you hiding?" He called out, pausing in front of the closest door. "Don't you want to say hello to your father?"

The dark haired female sucked in a quiet breath as the doors to the closest were thrown open. The wooden doors hitting the already breaking wall with a thud, sending more pieces of chipping paint onto the stained floor.

The man peered inside, looking at the clothing, hangers, and boxes that laid in the closet. But among them, he saw no small child or anywhere she could be hiding in the small space. Growling, he closed the closet door once more and shuffled away.

The sounds of his wife having come home from her second job alerted him to the fact that his other family member wasn't hiding. She had seen him come in as she walked up, and when he turned to give her that smug face of his, he could see the fear on her face.

The fear of what he might do to the child who was inside. The fear of what he might do to her. The fear of what he was home this time for. The fear of him.

It was what always brought him back home.

"What are you doing here?" Her mother tried to ask calmly, a false tone of happiness in her voice as her husband comes near.

"The mission ended pretty early... so I thought I'd surprise my wife and that kid you had. Where is she anyway... last time I saw her she apparently got her quirk, right?"

His footsteps creaked away from the room she was hiding in. Going towards the older woman who was still standing in front of the open front door. An out and an escape he wasn't too keen on leaving open.

He stalked up towards him, looking at the once carefree and porcelain-like woman. In the next moment he roughly grabbed her, slamming the door shut as the screaming began.

"Where is she?!" He screamed.

"F-Fuyu is playing with friends from pre-school!" Her mother called, choking on her words already.

"Who would want to be friends with your useless daughter?" He yelled again.

"Stop it! Let me go!" She yelled back, her bravery still present.