Part 10

Part 10

"It appears he's gone back underground as far as we can tell..." Fatgum sighed, looking towards his head of rescue operations. "Your call as to what to do for Fuyu now."

"I'll do my best sir." She responded, turning back to the young hero in question. "Fuyu, let's leave Fat to do what he needs to."

Fuyu nodded slowly, rising to her feet and thanking the highly regarded hero as she made her leave. She had felt guilty all day today. For making them all worry. For lying to them about the number of times Dabi had shown himself in her life. For keeping his secret. And for continuing this terrible lying game she had picked up on.

But... she couldn't tell them. The consequences that would come with the idea of her actually having spoken to the infamous League of Villains member and hoe she had even willingly let him into her home... it would not be looked at like she was trying to save him.

It would be looked at like she was some treasonous hero.

"I want you on paperwork." The woman in front of her spoke, pausing at Fuyu's desk. "Especially since you don't want to take it easy... so please at least stay out of danger. I don't want you with any more burns after all."

Fuyu nodded, embarrassingly hiding her wrapped hand behind her leg. Her boss nodded to her and went back to work with whoever she had been working with before being called in on the latest news about Dabi.

Fuyu sat down at her desk, looking at the clock. Lunch hour was nearly upon her now and yet she felt like she hadn't done a single thing of importance today. Once she had come into work, she had been whisked away from one department to another.

The police wanted more information on what she assumed Dabi was speaking about when he said he was giving her a warning. Endeavor and Hawks had once more reached out, this time through email, saying they would be interested in a follow up if she wanted to show up for a coffee and a talk.

Then came the usual hectic office operations. Fatgum and many other hero agencies had assumed there would be an attack on the downtown area today, and thus a large number of heroes had been dispersed to guard popular hangouts and gathering areas. Leaving the office itself a bit more barren adn empty.

The only ones who actually appeared to be here were those like her who were on desk duty for one reason or another... or the interns from UA. Of which... a certain one had seemed to be hovering a bit closer than usual after hearing about the attack she went through the night before.

"Kirishima... I know you mean well... but keep in mind that many girls don't feel comfortable with men looking at them from across the room every few minutes."

The red-haired UA student nearly jumped when he heard his voice being called from the female who had appeared to be focusing moments ago on her paperwork. He was certain he hadn't been staring too long... but it appeared he was wrong.

He approached his superior and greeted her properly. And once he had, the apologies started to spew from his lips, and his body bowed in apology to her as well. Fuyu only chuckling slightly at his attitude.

"Relax, kid." She told him, seeing as the redhead inhaled a deep breath to calm himself. "I know you mean well... just, maybe actually say something next time then hover, okay?"

"O-of course, Alchemist." He spoke, a pout on his lips as he spotted the bandage on her hand.

Fuyu caught on and looked at him. "I'm fine. It's just a burn."

"Yeah but still... those guys don't attack to mane..."

Kirishima's eyes darkened for a second, Fuyu taking notice of how the male's entire demeanor seemed to be remembering something. It was only then that Fuyu remembered herself who this kid was and what he had been through... after all, he was part of that already infamous class 1-A at UA.