Part 12

Part 12

The days following the joint incidents on several big-name hero agencies had made the news, and it seemed as if everyone was talking about it. From the news anchors to school children, to the heroes themselves. No one seemed to be able to get over just how well planned the attack was.

Let alone that it was mostly thugs who had attacked... and some people were left with questions. Other with theories. And some simply saying that the world was becoming more dangerous and this was nothing new.

But even so... the events of the joint raids were second on the mind of a recovering rescue hero. Her dismissal from the hospital today and then the hours of interrogations she went under had left Fuyu drained.

The feeling on her lips was still strong, and if she wasn't already aware of what his quirk was... then the female was sure Dabi had placed some kind of curse on her making her lie through her teeth about the events from last week.

It had started with her being found hours later in the small church near her office. A hero checking the area after the events seeing her and calling for medical specialists. And then came the surgery on her shoulder.

It was long, painful, and required her to take no less than a month off of field work and to gobble down a display of colorful pills to help.

Then Fatgum had decided that due to the events of late and how she seemed to be a continual target for vicious villain attacks... that her month of no field work would be turned into a month away and off work. At least he gave her paid leave... but Fuyu still wasn't terribly happy about it all.

She was a hero! And already having been off work so much before made her nervous. She needed to get out here, or she would get rusty and fast. But there was no arguing with Fatgum and his worried heart.

Hawks and Endeavor had come by her hospital room around the third day after the incident. She cooperated, as usual, giving both men the flash drive and saying how she managed to recover it from Spinner from the League of Villains before he impaled her and she knocked him out.

"I was injured and knew I had to find somewhere to lay low until things died down." She had lied directly to them. "And I remembered the church down the block. It was a miracle I made it... and even more so, that someone found me in my sorry state."

Hawks had assured her she did the right thing, especially getting the USB back and then hiding. He showed his gratefulness that she was alive and would be healing well. Endeavor remained quiet, not saying much... but she could at least tell he wasn't suspicious.

That and Fuyu had made it clear from the start that she would much rather talk to Hawks then him. Though... while she felt this way due to her own feelings of disapproval towards the number one hero... Enji seemed to think it was because Hawks was a much easier hero to speak to.

The police cleared her name and were once more pursuing the League of Villains for their potential involvement or if Spinner had simply taken an opportunity he came across to steal data.

The heroes each sent flowers and get well cards, showing their regret for not being able to help her when she was facing an enemy on her own.

The doctors had told her of the success of the procedure and how everything would be fine in another month. But until then she needed to relax and not push herself.

No one suspected anything. No one knew of the person she had kissed. No one knew of the sin she had committed and how much more corroded her vow was becoming.

Her lips tingled as the memory came back. How gentle he was and how even after the fact he didn't push the idea further. Nor did he stay for long, knowing both she and he needed time to sort through the revelation that had just come across them both.