Part 6

Part 6

Dabi x Fuyu Soji

The warm cup of tea rested nicely in between her hands, the female gazing off into the distant flickering images of the television in front of her. Her eyes, while glued to the various colorful character speaking on the screen, were not focused on what was happening. Her mind was wandering yet again.

To the same place, it had been the last three days... the images and notions of the males and the memory they both now shared with her... making her gut feel sick every-time that small crying child made his appearance in her mindscape. Fuyu sighed, feeling how her tea was still scolding at this moment, yet she pressed the drink to her lips and allowed the burning sensation of the herbal drink to hit her throat. It was strange, usually, she'd wait for it to be much cooler, almost lukewarm before she even allowed the liquid to touch her mouth... but not today it appeared.

Much like the tea, she also wondered why she suddenly wasn't worried about the fire-wielding villain who was still out lurking somewhere in the city. Her mind trying to tell her of the danger she, not to mention other heroes and civilians, would be in... yet she couldn't. Something inside of her had changed and she knew that no longer was she able to see Dabi as just some villain who wanted to cause trouble.

A piece of information that she wasn't supposed to have in the first place was stuck in her head, and even if the memory were to be given back by some miracle... she knew the information that had come with it would not be gone. Forever now... much like him, this information was now part of her psyche forever. The only difference between him and her... was that she hadn't experienced it. Therefore the female could only look onto the scene as a witness... not a participant.

She shook her head, trying to get rid of the way the older pair of cerulean eyes looked at the small child with that unmatched disappointment... as if he wasn't good enough. Like he was a mistake that was never supposed to exist. Almost like he... wasn't supposed to be born the way he was and the father blamed solely the son for something out of his control.

Fuyu couldn't speak of this to a sole though... knowing that if she did... there would be repercussions that she couldn't even imagine at this time. Not only would she get into trouble for withholding this information when Hawks and Endeavor specifically three days ago had asked her to tell them anything important... but what would become of Endeavor and his image if she spilled that one of his children was now the villain known as Dabi. More so that he wasn't even able to recognize his own child... making her assume it's been a while since the number one hero had even seen him... or that Todoroki Enji simply didn't care for him any longer unlike the youngest son who currently was attending his first year at Yuuei Academy.

Not only that... but knowing of the abuse the Todoroki household had gone through and making it public was also something she couldn't exactly do. Her name would be on the line as well, no doubt with Endeavor's popularity growing as of late, many heroes and supporters would be quick to judge her and make all sorts of scandalous remarks about her and a possible 'hatred', 'jealousy' or worse in the news outlets and tabloids.

Then came Dabi himself...

The black haired woman sighed, trying to figure out what exactly it would mean for him if the public found out his true identity. After all, he seemed to go through a lot of trouble to make sure his true identity remained a secret. From how his blood red hair was now jet black, or how his face and body were covered in various scars and staples... she could see the effort he put into hiding his true name.

But... was he planning to allow people to know of his title? Or was he trying to hide his past from himself as much as he was from the public? She couldn't be sure... which was why for the time being... she'd keep her mouth shut.