Part 7

Part 7

"I want an answer..." She turned her voice, for the first time letting the male know that the usual carefree and slightly shy girl was reaching her end.

"And what exactly are you wanting to get out of me?" He questioned her, raising a brow as her own gaze broke from his.

"The memory that's stuck in my head... it was faceless until a few days ago... and so... I want to know if the people who I believe are in your memory are correct. And if you so much as lie to me, I'll press this button right here and my entire agency will flock here before you can even spark your flames..."

Dabi narrowed his gaze, a slight flip occurring in his stomach as he thought of what exactly would come next. But then again... he was sure he knew. That was the reason he was here right now after all... because he wanted to see if she knew.

"Spit it out then... and preferably before one of your nosy neighbors notices the both of us talking..."

Fuyu nodded slowly, sucking in a breath and then allowed the words that had been trapped in her mind for days now finally out into the open.

"Todoroki Enji... you're one of his children, aren't you?"

The air was chilled, so much so that the hairs on her arms were standing up. Her arms raising and falling in an attempt to wipe away the cold as if it were droplets of water. She had never expected the temperature outside to get even colder, but after her words had been said aloud, it did just that.

The idea that this male had already been warming up the area as if he had been preparing himself for a fight was one reason for her to feel nervous around him. But now seeing as he had dropped it, no longer looking to want to fight or even raise a hand to push her away while he made his escape from this question and her... made the young hero start to think that maybe... maybe she had even startled him into such a shock that he put his own guard down.

It was silent afterward, neither speaking to the other... Fuyu not knowing what else to say that would make her point or question more clear. Dabi in the meantime only seemed to be interested in staring at his hand. His fist closing clenching together until his grip was tight enough to even cause himself some strain.

"Why do you ask?" He finally spoke.

His voice didn't betray him like Fuyu had been hoping. His voice sounding as if he could either actually be the child of the current number one hero, or that he was merely leading her on. She couldn't be sure, but maybe if she could at least keep him talking for a little bit more... she'd be able to figure it out.

"I ask because of the memory inside of my head... one you seemed so keen on getting back a while ago. Enough to go to the lengths to try and force the information out of me."

She gently touched her neck, the burn marks on them now more like scars. Ones she hoped would fade away as the natural process of healing continued. But ones that also reminded her of the reckless nature of the male in front of her.

She had to stay focused... if she allowed him to get the upper hand for even a minute... she was as good as dead.

"That memory in your head... what is it?" He voiced a question of his own.

After all, he'd much rather see what exactly she might be guessing or have seen from his own path that would lead the hero that had once been a tad bit shy and nervous to suddenly buckle up and confront him about his own past and true name head on.

He had assumed he'd threaten her a bit more tonight and find out exactly what she had said to that bird and the walking pile of hot garbage... but now, the night had taken an unknown turn and he was facing a situation he had been hoping would not have occurred unless it was under his own rules.

But like most occurrences in his life... it turns out he was not as lucky.

"The memory in my head is of a small boy. One with red as hot as fire and eyes as blue as the ocean. He was being trained too hard for his age... so harshly that he ended up burning himself. He accidentally created a nasty scar on his body. One that strangely looks a lot like the one you have on your own arm.