Part 18

Part 18

"Rise to your feet." The father demanded, voice deadly and frustrated. "No child of mine should be this weak."

The boy cried harder, shaking his head and mumbling incoherent things between the tears. The father merely shook his head in a disapproving way, not liking how his own flesh and blood was acting in such a cowardly way.

"S-stop! I don't wanna be a hero anymore!" He cried, tears and snot coming from his face and dripping onto the small boy's clothing. "Where's mom? I want mom!"

"You are not leaving until you do what I want you to do." The father spoke. "And you are going to be a hero..."

The little girl couldn't take it any longer, her own bruises and cuts making her know of the pain this other child was in. And thus, without thinking, she ran forward towards where the pair stood. Her eyes burning with tears of fear, but her chest full of the passion to save.

If she could only reach the boy... before the flames or his father did... then maybe she had a chance. A chance for him to close his eyes and rest... a chance to find a safe space of his own, away from the real-life demons that haunted him.

Her feet were not fast enough though. Her own voice crying out as both the blue flames reached the scene in front of her and as the father's fist came forward. It was only as the scene around her started to disintegrate into ashes and dust that she was sure someone was holding her tightly.

But even so... the vision she had and her own memories were no longer present. And all that was left was an empty void. No light came this time and not even a sound. Only a space that was cold, empty and alone.

And to Fuyu... this was not how she pictured her safe space."

She inhaled sharply, trying to come back to reality from the fantasy she had just been in. Fuyu's mind looking all over her ceiling before she realized where she was... and that she was no longer a child. Her head aching, a side effect of her quirk having been acting up mentally... as that dream was definitely her subconscious still processing and finding a place for it to fit inside of her.

Next to her, someone groaned, an arm being sling over her nude form and his face being buried into her shoulder, a few strands of hair tickling his nose as she relaxed further against the male next to her. Her eyes dropping slightly as she embraced him back, inhaling the scent of a campfire that he emitted. A strangely calming scent, but one that was definitely him. One she was slowly starting to fall for more and more... and she was also starting to fall for him more and more as well.

"Morning." She spoke softly, seeing him start to shift more and then peek a single hue open to her.

Orange and blue looking back at one another as the early rays of morning light dripped into the room. Dabi's hold on her only tightening as he further buried himself into his girlfriend and how her little chuckle at his attitude just made him want to forever remain here with her.

"No. If we close our eyes hard enough, it'll be night again." He mumbled, the desire to get up not coming to him.

"Hmm?" Fuyu rose a brow. "If I recall correctly... for once I can lay in bed all day... but you have some 'shit meeting' don't you?"

Dabi groaned into her exposed skin. "Shitty Shigaraki..."

"Should I be concerned about what you're doing? Seeing as... I'm dating a wanted criminal."

"No." Dabi shook his head. "The guy has been worthless to us all in recent months... grew his hair out and only ever talks about what we're doing but never does shit."