Chapter 10

The return

Omoye POV

All through my journey, my mind never left home.

I arrived safely and my children were very happy to see me. The following day, we attended the graduation and soon started making plans for our flight back home.

Efeosa was most eager to return home as his girlfriend was already waiting for him. Ese on the other hand didn't want to return because her boyfriend was over here.

But we all had to go back home anyway.

Our trip back was a smooth one. The weather was good and favourable.

We got to the airport at about 3am and were at the check point when one of the officers stopped us to search.

I always feel angry whenever am been searched.

But that day, I was terrified when one of the officers roughly pulled Efeosa against the wall after he pulled out a White substance from Efeosa's inner wear. In no time, Efeosa was in handcuffs.

He was been arrested for drug abuse!

I begged and begged but the officers wouldn't mind me at all.

Law must take it's course. One of them finally said as I watched my only son been taken away from me.

Ese was heart broken as she watched her twin brother been taken away by the officers. She turned to me and hugged me tightly while sobbing..

What was I going to tell Osas?

How am I going to face him?

I didn't see this coming at all. Oh God! Efeosa why? why?

*****†*****†******

Meanwhile, Osas planned to welcome his children and wife back home with a small party. So he invited some of his employees and co- doctors.

He is now a proud father of two graduates. He was indeed very happy.

The compound was beautifully decorated by a professional event planner.

Put those rose petals at the entrance and this welcome banner at the gate. Dad instructed me.

Some guests were already around. Everything was going as planned until dad received that call that automatically changed the atmosphere.

Hello, mark are you around?

No, Osas. That means you haven't heard yet?

Heard what?

Turn on your TV osas, and watch the news! Mark instructed.

Osas turned the TV on and some of the guests who were at this time looking worried because of Osas' change of mood after the call, came and stood in front of the TV as well. Only to get the shock of our lives.

It was news about the arrest of Efeosa. Everyone was perplexed!

There was murmuring in all corners.

Dad was completely devastated. He just sat on the chair and stared at a blank space.

Soon the guests started leaving one after the other.

Dad had been silent since the news of Efeosa's arrest.

When madam finally came back with Ese, she tried to explain what happened to dad but he stopped her by raising his hand. He looked angrily  at his wife  then walked away.

Pretty short chapter.....
Please don't forget to vote😘😘